Options

No Hot Water???

After turning on & testing the how water heater I confirmed that it is heating but no hot water coming out. What direction does this valve go? Why do they have a crossover? Just as i confirmed that the water heater was heating i ran out of water. Testing more tomorrow after i fill the tank back up. How big is the fresh water tank?

Comments

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first thought was that valve and cross over are to be able to winterize the water system while bypassing the hot water tank, you don't want the pink antifreeze in there, you'll never get the stink out. But if it is, I would expect a second valve on the hot side.
    As to your issue of no hot water, did you open the pressure valve (lift the lever shown on top left) to let air out of the tank while filling? Otherwise the air trapped in the tank will prevent water from filling to the height of the outlet and no hot water.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes as @Willhound stated 
    Need 3 valves to by pass 
    Air needs to be out of tank by using the blow off valve, even running the faucet the air spits out all over the place but tank still doesn't fill.
    52 gallons fresh 
    48 gallons waste 
    Remember when the tank runs out to flip the breaker off on the pump.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be another valve on the red side that is underneath in the photo. Make sure it is turned in the correct direction. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there anyplace that sells the bypass setup with the 3 valves? I know I can make it but would be nice to have it done already.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    There should be another valve on the red side that is underneath in the photo. Make sure it is turned in the correct direction. 
    Shouldn’t there be another valve in the crossover line? Or is that a two way valve that’s installed?
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The valves that I have work straight thru or on the 90. I have 2 of them, one on the hot side, one on the cold side. When both are straight thru, the water heater works. When they are turned to the 90* location, heater is bypassed. I do not have one in the middle of the bypass. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭✭
    Mine doesnt have that bypass in the middle. I do drain mine in the winter and add pink antifreeze. No smell as long as you flush and dont turn on the HW heater before it is fully flushed.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    John342John342 Member Posts: 19
    edited June 2020
    Hot water Works!! Valve goes inline with Red Pipe!! Hot water flows! Never seen a valve go 90degrees to flow!
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheapest fix ever!!
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    Great!
    2008 330EC