Options

Fridge Light Switch

WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'd never really paid attention before but noticed when cleaning my 12 volt Vitrifrigo fridge this spring that there was a lens for a light. When I removed it I could see that there was a small hole burned through it and the 30 mm festoon style bulb was burnt. I installed an LED today that draws 1 watt and wondered if it shuts off or not.  There was some circuitry under the cover that makes me think it's light or motion activated. I stuck my phone in there while on video and shut the door for about 12 minutes and when viewing could see the light was staying on. Explains why the old incandescent bulb likely melted the cover.
I don't really need the light, I just like to have everything working. Any issues with the light staying on constantly? Or do they anyway? 

"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)

Comments

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That fidge is made for light beer get it lol
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    @Willhound do you mind sharing a link or pointing me the correct direction for your fridge light.  I cant get one to fit or be bright enough.  Thanks!
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    @Willhound do you mind sharing a link or pointing me the correct direction for your fridge light.  I cant get one to fit or be bright enough.  Thanks!
    It was just a "Festoon" style bulb but in LED that I found at a local hardware store. Can't remember if a 53 or 55 mm. I just took the old one and matched it up. Same light used in cars and trucks for interior lights. Any auto supply will also have them.
  • Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help.  You put 30mm above but unfortunately that was too small.  I will take to Home Depot and try to find it.  Thank you 
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you find the door close switch ... should be a push botton springy thingy ... push that in and the light should close.  Having said that ... given it is an LED, I don't see any major issue if it stays on now, other than it's another very small drain on the battery.  For the incandescent light ... it's an issue because of the heat it gives off, which not only consumes electricity for the light, but makes the compressor work harder.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Oops sorry 06Rinker270 I did say 30mm above. Couldn't recall.
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the US try Autozone or a comparable place. They have 2 packs of these bulbs in LED for around $6
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)