Options

Flooring

You guys have carpet, just fiberglass, or sea decking in the cockpit?  We have a 246 and have sea deck on the platform which is amazing.  Snap out carpet in cockpit and I’m getting tired of it.  I’d love to sea deck the entire thing.

Comments

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did sea dek all over in my 280. Greatest improvement visually. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
    +1 on SeaDek. Easy under foot. Stays relatively cool. Easy to clean. And looks great.
  • Options
    The3rdSunThe3rdSun Member Posts: 20
    Did you all do your own templates and send to them? I’m thinking of tracing the carpet and sending to them. 
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tracked down a template for my boat on this forum for sea dek. They may already have one or they may have one a previous customer made for the same boat in which case they can cut it out on plastic for a test fit which is less than $50. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    They told me they didn’t have one but they’d send me a kit so I could supply it to them.  I figured they’d pay me since they’ll then have it to use on future requests but no, I have to pay for the template.  
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depending on supplier I've approached a few now that that say they don't have a template yet I feel they might. They make $$ on the template kit and also if you're not happy with the result they can say it's not them, it's you.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to convince snapincarpet.com to cut me a good deal on a set of carpets for the 330 in exchange for sending them a CAD template.  No dice.  I find it very surprising but what do I know?!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭✭
    I used MarineMat and have no issues with it. 

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    icoultha said:
    I used MarineMat and have no issues with it. 
    Do you have the snap in or stick down?  MarineMat is sending me a swatch so I can try and match the sea deck 
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭✭
    Snap in for the cockpit and used stick down for the platform and side steps and to bow. The “swatch” may be a 12”x 5” finished sample, thats what I got.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/