Options

Need help getting to the Chicago Scene Boat Party this Sat!!

NEED INFO PLEASE!! I have work in the afternoon but get off at 2pm. My buddy has a yacht and will be there but I have no way of getting out to the playpen. Is there a shuttle service/Jet Ski or something that could get me and my girlfriend out to the playpen? I'll pay. Please let me know and Email me. Thanks! Tommyholly@comcast.net

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    whoa..which I knew about that in advance!  Might have to scoot across the lake if the weather is decent for the trip.  5-6' waves out today..need the wave gods to lay down!

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    bat32bat32 Member Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    Yeah up to 15' by tonight!

• Options
    Worse on the far south end of the lake. 7+ foot near shore here. Fun to go look at, bad to be in.

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Yeah here is my forecast for today.

TODAY  
    NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 20 KT. MOSTLY SUNNY. WAVES 7 TO  10 FT OCCASIONALLY TO 14 FT SUBSIDING TO 3 TO 5 FT OCCASIONALLY TO  8 FT.

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    7 to 10 footers and my boat would not leave the dock,,,,,,,,,
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    7 to 10 foot, party at the dock! :ar!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    It's looking to be 2-3' this weekend, 4 hours is a long ride in that.  Not-Bonus: the lake rolled over, water was 80F on sunday, today 56F.  Good to float beer in to keep it cold.  lol

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options

And the lake just got warm from the cold spring we had.

• Options
    Yeah. Nights in the 50's and days in tne upper 60's will not help the cause. Might be an early fall coming. A week ago it was near 100f here.

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Well got stranded in Saugatuck, go back tues to bring her home. Clue 1 was the 44' SeaRay that turned back, clue 2 the 50' cabin cruiser that turned back. Made a try but easily 8-10's on the lake so turned back too. Dozens of boats stuck in port. Probably the worst July weekend ever. Lol. Temps in the 50-60 range.

PC BYC, Holland, MI