Options

RINKER SIGHTING CHICAGO RIVER, TRUMP

bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭

This is not meant to be a political statement just an observation, so Cool your jets.
 1st time since the city is slowly opening from Covid , I went to the riverfront yesterday for a bite to eat & a vodka lemonade 🤪 The only bridge left up to stop traffic is the one on Wabash in front of Trump tower, it's open to keep vandals and rioting away from Trump tower. The interesting thing about this is while we were there for 2 hours we had only seen 3 boats, 1 60' Princess, 1 26' Regal and this approximately 20'-22' Rinker, she looked pretty sweet. Anyone know this model name & size ? I just happened to be here unplanned at this location and it was on Trumps b-day 
Post edited by bry1429 on

Comments

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a nice looking boat!
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    CIA by the look of it and those guys want a "bullet-proof" ride! :-)  BTW looks like a Yamaha outboard?

• Options
    bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    Michael T said:
    CIA by the look of it and those guys want a "bullet-proof" ride! :-)  BTW looks like a Yamaha outboard?

Yes Yamaha, how is your new Yamaha jet boat MT ? 
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is one nice looking building!!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @bry1429 it's a lot of fun. We bought the SX195 so it has the supercharged engine (nice pick-up) yet the boat can be towed with our suv. Was in it today for 3.5 hours doing the break-in before the 10 hour service (oil+filter and greasing of bearings etc.) .....as for some of you guys - don't you be picking on my man "Trump"! Our Canadian "Liberal" economy and stock market is anemic, actually it's on life support- thank God for my American DJIAs or I'd have to stop buying boats AND come out of retirement. :-) 
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best part of the Wrigley building is the venerable Billy Goat Tavern in the underground parking garage. Cheezeborgor  no Coke...Pepsi!
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our economy has been strong and growing for the last 10 years, not just the last 3. No improvement in GDP.  Corporate wealth through the ceiling with tax breaks I will pay for not Corp America.  I do get to pick on your boy a little. But the pendulim will swing the other way and balance will be found and will swing the other way...the way it works.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Not meant as a political comment, just an observation from north of the 49th......CBS reported today that recent economic statistics show the biggest increase in month over month consumer purchases in history  - if correct that's impressive. DJIA has been on fire. My view is still solidly strong that the U.S.A. is the best wealth generating nation in the world and that with the coming post C19 infrastructure spending that DT has announced the U.S.A. will soon be into another era of prosperity. If only the increased spending could generate some buyers for Rinker. 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Michael T said:
    Not meant as a political comment, just an observation from north of the 49th......CBS reported today that recent economic statistics show the biggest increase in month over month consumer purchases in history  - if correct that's impressive. DJIA has been on fire. My view is still solidly strong that the U.S.A. is the best wealth generating nation in the world and that with the coming post C19 infrastructure spending that DT has announced the U.S.A. will soon be into another era of prosperity. If only the increased spending could generate some buyers for Rinker. 
    So, biggest month over month is pretty easy when the first month was completely shut down.  People have to go out and buy after being shut down the first month.  Also, the market is doing great thanks to pumping continuous FED money into it. Heck, the FED money is actually buying corporate stocks now.  May cause lots of harm later, called inflation, or higher taxes.  The economy is doing horrible.  Definitely not connected at all to the stock market.  Sorry, when finance starts up, I have to speak up.  I've always done a lot of reading there and I think it was my job in another life! :smile:   I think those that aren't real day traders are going to get burned in this market.  I see real jobs, white collar ones, going away every single day right now.  I don't mean to sound like a downer, but the market is just longer tied to anything real.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    skennelly said:
    @Handymans342 - Absolutely...the Wrigley Building to the right of Trump's building is a historic and beautiful building.  I agree.  :p
    Wrigley what? No where in that pic. 
  • Options

@Dream_Inn
    The current economic issues are not the fault of the current president. We can only hope it is a big blow to China though!
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    China has the best buffet.
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
    skennelly said:
    @Handymans342 - Absolutely...the Wrigley Building to the right of Trump's building is a historic and beautiful building.  I agree.  :p
    Wrigley what? No where in that pic. 
    Far right in top photo although iconic clock is obscured by portion of bridge in foreground.
  • Options
    It sure is not the fault of the previous...Bush sure left the wh with a mess behind. I'm not smart enough to figure it out but sure have not seen anyone come along in either party get it right. What's going on now for sure is a disaster. 
  • Options
    rasbury said:
    It sure is not the fault of the previous...Bush sure left the wh with a mess behind. I'm not smart enough to figure it out but sure have not seen anyone come along in either party get it right. What's going on now for sure is a disaster. 
    Stop crying. What else we supposed to do???
  • Options
    Put the head down and march on....tinker with my rinker.

Still the best place in the world to live!🗽

• Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
    rasbury said:
    ...tinker with my rinker.
    That reminds me of the Jon Lovitz character in "A League Of Their Own" when he says, "I'm going to go give the wife a pickle tickle."   :smiley: