Options

First Anchor Out This Year!

WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
Tried last weekend but too much wind. Perfect tonight. Cheers my friends!

"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Water looks cold
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a great spot.  

I bet the beer was colder
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flat seas and cold beer don't get better then that!!
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    Really nice
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    Even nicer this morning. Except I always forget just how small the head is on a 270. I'm  about 6'1" and around 260. I'd gladly give up some cabin space for another 6 inches. (That's what she said!") 
    Okay, so here's a pic to get that mental picture out of your head.....

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great pictures @Willhound !
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Yeah, a near perfect day. I work every second weekend but the upside is I get time off during the week when there's hardly anyone on the lake. We're anchored just off this property. The boat is probably worth more than my house and the overall property would go for about 4 Mill CDN. The taxes would be about triple my slip fees for a year. And if I don't like my neighbours I can pull anchor. He can't. ...

• Options
    You're talking like a sailboater 
  • Options
    Nice pictures.....not the mental one...I have the 270 also and I'm 5'10 230  and I don't fit so well either....that's why I have a swim platform...
  • Options
    Uhhhh @rasbury I wasn't talking about standing up. Now I've got a mental picture I just can't shake.
    ..😨 🤣
  • Options
    Overall a great 24 hours but it ended not as well. A buddy texted me this morning to say he was coming out and did we want to raft up for a while. I got to the appointed spot early and decided to use the time to scrub my foredeck and clean out the windlass hatch area. I just got done when they showed up. Now this guy is a bit of a hazard in that he bought an old tub of a 35 foot Bayliner and not a lot of experience. He got sideways trying to sidle up to me and was coming broadside into my pulpit. I reached out with a boat hook to push him off but one of the guys on the boat misunderstood and grabbed the hook. The deck was still wet and I had left the windlass hatch open to dry and when the guy pulled on the hook  my feet went out from under me and my left foot ended up jammed between the windlass and the side of the hull. I'm now sitting at home with my purple looking ankle propped on a bag of ice. My first boating injury besides a hangover.....
  • Options
    Ouch....sorry dude.
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But is the boat OK?
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    Ahhhh man! 
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Yep. Never hit. He kissed off my rub rail once after we were tied off when a big wake came by but I threw out an extra fender and we were fine after that. I did stick around for a couple of hours but decided to head back when things started stiffening up and walking was getting difficult. I'm managing to hobble to the beer fridge so it should be ok. Wife brought me a couple of "pity" beers but after a couple if trips she told me I was on my own . 
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to get rid of a boat that attacks you
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ......Steve all boats attack us, usually on the wallet, not on the ankle.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    edited June 2020
    Well, glad to hear it doesn't hurt enough that you can't get up to get the beer!  Hope all goes well and you get back on that boat soon!

PS, in 20 years of boating, I've never used the boat hook for fending anything off.  One of my first years of boating I saw one of them get jammed right thru the hull of a new Rinker 310 because it was wedged on the boat that was trying to fend off themselves of the 310.  The only thing I find the boat hook useful for is putting a line over a really high piling.  Sorry, my pet peeve I guess...

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    edited June 2020
    You must first sharpen the tip of the boat hook, then you can fend off about anything.  

The man who invented the bow and arrow wanted to stab someoene way the heII over there.  

Modern problems call for modern solutions.

Harpoon on all cruisers.  Fits nicely in anchor locker beside windlass.  
    Post edited by raybo3 on
  • Options
    Harpoon! I like that idea.
    Happy to report no permanent damagethat i can tell. Don't think anything's broken. Whole side of my foot is a lovely shade of purple. Managed to make it to work for half a day today. Heavy day tomorrow so figured it was better to slag off today and give it a rest and get the day in tomorrow. Lessons learned...I'm usually pretty rigid about not having the hatch or windlass cover open while I'm prancing about on the deck. It would have eventually dried in there with the cover closed. 
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    Well sounds like it could have been worse had a bad experience myself this weekend with all the crazy **** going on my wife was interested in getting a gun .Ive shot guns but never owned one .well my neighbor Who is a big hunter was showing us some of the firearms he owned and their was a accidental discharge from his 30/06 ......I’m glad it turned out we’re still here 
  • Options
    WoW @GMSLITHO !! Your very lucky!!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't take a S&$# in my 270 either. It's a **** shame.  :D
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Boats are like tour buses....no shits on the bus 😆. Save the 💩 for the marina bathrooms. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    I'm gunned up...drive at least 100 miles a day...gun in my car, gun handy by my bed. But if your going to have them get a concealed permit and the training that goes with it and know how to use it. And gun goes in the boat too.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    Aqua_Aura said:
    Boats are like tour buses....no shits on the bus 😆. Save the 💩 for the marina bathrooms. 
    Aqua, not true on Dream 'Inn!  I say if you have a head on the boat, use it!!  Now, if I'm out and about at the marina, sure I'll go use theirs.  I do like the metaphor though! :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    And anchor out truly means anchor out. We've gone 3 days without ever touching land. Stuffs gotta happen on the boat.
  • Options
    As someone who anchors out near weekly....when you gotta go...go.

I am not swimming a shore at 4 am to poop behind a bush.  Not when i have a head 2 ft from the v berth.  

The rest of the people sleeping on the boat also get to enjoy the experience.  That is what family is for. 

• Options
    Legend02Legend02 Member Posts: 8
    That looks like Econobay... as we call it ...