Options

New 290ec lists to port

MiamiAGMiamiAG Member Posts: 210 ✭✭
Hi all,

First time boat owner with a brand new 290 ec 2013.

The boat lists to port a bit berthed and no one is on it. The dealer told me it's because the large freshwater reservoir is located on the left and that ALL Rinker boats do this. "It's normal."

Can anyone confirm this? Anything to do about it other than placing an equally heavy object on starboard or just living with it?

Thanks for your help.

Art
2013 290 ec - Volvo Penta D4/DP

Comments

• Options
    pepmysterpepmyster Member Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    Same as the 280ec. Fresh water tank on the left. When full, oh-boy!!!!!! Something that be lived with I guess. Have a lot of fun with your new toy!!!!!!!

All I've wanted was to just have fun.

• Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    Holding tank on one side water on the other at some point they even out  :))

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Rinker 300 express same thing. Have fun with your new boat. Paul Canada
  • Options
    pepmysterpepmyster Member Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    Hey Babyboomer, something smells fishy!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

All I've wanted was to just have fun.

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine also lists to port. Fresh water tank, batteries, and full fridge all on that side. No wonder...

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    seguirseguir Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    We have a 280 EC....same thing, even with the water tank 1/4 full.  Check your lines to the dock as well.    Even then....I believe it is normal.
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey MiamiAG, the port list is normal but that doesn't mean you have to live with it. As you add waste the boat will balance better. You have two fridges, one to port (cabin) one to starboard (cockpit) we keep lighter items in the port fridge and load the starboard one with beer, coolers and some milk (if I have to). That helps. You can also use the storage areas under your front cabin seats to store the heavier items to starboard and do the same with the storage areas in the aft cabin. If you're hauling any heavy items place them to starboard in the cabin. I find it makes a huge difference in our 2013 EC 310. As the starboard waste tank fills and the boat starts to list to starboard I move things around a bit. Also as the waste tank satrts to fill i top-up my water tank and that helps a lot! You can also use a tab for small corrections. Never "settle" with a problem. There are a lot of real smart guys on this site who have helped me a lot. Be sure to run things past the guys - someone usually has an answer.Congratulations on the purchase of a beautiful boat. Your design has a fabulous cockpit arrangement - have to love that swivel helm at party time. Also, have to love Miami!  All the best. MT 

• Options
    hanzelvhhanzelvh Member Posts: 36 ✭✭

I replaced the 2 house batteries to starboard and play with the contents of water and waste tanks but please don't mixe up these tanks :)

previous 280EC with VP D4-260, now Bavaria 33HT with twin VP 4,3
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    How about 2 skinny girlfriends instead...................
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    raybo3 said:
    How about 2 skinny girlfriends instead...................
    I'm due to trade in my 40 yr old for two 20 year olds.  (oh man, did I just say that!  Let me be straight, it'd have nothing to do with weight.)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DI - Does the Admiral visit this site? I'm sure her divorce lawyer will get her the boat and she'll have two skinny 20 year old pool boys on the front seat! Man, you sure live on the edge! :) MT