Options

UK - Spares for Rinker 266 Fiesta Vee

Hi,

My husband and I are looking at buying our first boat, to be based on the Thames.  We have seen a Rinker 266 Fiesta Vee that looks interesting - but have read on this forum that spares can be tricky to get hold of for Rinker boats, and that the postage from the US is high.  Is this still the case?  

Thanks!

Jenny

Comments

• Options
    dalekdalek Member Posts: 259 ✭✭✭
    I would not be too concerned about spares. Assuming she has a Mercruiser engine and outdrive, parts are readily available in the UK. The only thing I have needed to import from The States is canvas, which I had no problem with, thanks to this forum. As you may be unfortunately aware, the Rinker boat manufactory is closing anyway.
  • Options
    andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    In ten years of ownership I don't think I've bought one "spare" actually made by Rinker. As dalek mentioned the vast majority of maintenance is engine and drive related, either Mercruiser or Volvo-Penta. Most other parts, Dometic, Lewmar, Lenco, etc. very likely have U.K. distributors and, no doubt expensive, but can be found at U.K. retailers.
    Andy

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get a Caravan instead! 😀
  • Options
    NickWightNickWight Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    We have a 2008 Rinker 280ec and specific Rinker parts are impossible to source in the UK and the cost to ship anything from the USA is prohibitive. However, as has been said already, most of the parts that you are likely to need are not specific to Rinker and can be easily obtained from most chandlers. I do speak with some experience as over the past 3 years we have needed to replace or repair just about every system on our boat!