Options

Owner's Manual?

MiamiAGMiamiAG Member Posts: 210 ✭✭
Hi all,

Second post here. Brand new boat owner with a brand new boat - 290ec 2013.

Bit of a stupid question. The dealer ran us quickly through all the features, etc. We captured what we could be it was a lot to take in. Now, a week later, my wife and I are wondering how to turn on the cabin lights with shore power and can't figure it out [insert blush]. 

I've looked at all the paperwork given but there's no owner's manual in the pile that walks us through all the settings and buttons. Does anyone know if there is such a book? If not, can anyone give us a hand figuring this out?

Thanks in advance.

Art
2013 290 ec - Volvo Penta D4/DP

Comments

• Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

AG,  You should have received a sort of generic boat manual, of limited use.  Along with that should have been all the manuals for each piece of equipment, radio, refrig, stereo, etc.  These are really useful as I am sure you can imagine.  That is how I received my new (at the time) 2006 boat.

Tony

Salt Shaker 342

• Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on your new boat.
  • Options
    tkrfxrtkrfxr Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    You should have the battery selector switch panel with the "CABIN POWER" switch ON...then go to the electrical panel, turn ON the DC MAIN switch....now look for the item whose switch you want to turn on,...this routine will become second nature to you 

Congratulations.

"All things are ready if our minds be so"
    -W.Shakespeare/Henry V Rinker 2005 342FV T5.7OSXi-DF/OceanX(DPS-B)
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    I bought a new 276 this year and same as you I am a new boater. My boat isnt nearly as complex, but like you I had no idea how some of the systems worked. The "manual" is very general and probably covers almost the entire boat range. It would be very helpful if it was something closer to what a car manual entails. I dont know if this is a "Rinker" thing, or is common with boats.

Either way I'd keep a log of what questions you have and then go back to the dealership and have them show you how the features work. Hopefully they have a floor model, as that helps a bunch.
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    @MiamiAG ... shoot me an email to thecaptsteve@mail.com, and I'll send you the Rinker Cruiser manual.
  • Options
    MiamiAGMiamiAG Member Posts: 210 ✭✭
    Thank you. Email sent!
    2013 290 ec - Volvo Penta D4/DP
  • Options
    HishamKinaniHishamKinani Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    @Capt_Steve I bought an 2005 Fiesta vee 37' having only 160 hrs on it  .. I'm in bad need of its manual or anything near to it .. could you help me on that ...
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    @HishamKinani Capt Steve is long gone from Rinker some manuals have been posted in the RBO archives. Hopefully you can find it there if not try contacting Rinker
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @HishamKinani, You can find almost any manual online for all components. What are you looking for ? And how was maiden voyage on the Nile?   We didn't here back from you. What size engines? outdrive a bravo 3 ? or bravo 2 ? 
    Boat Name :