Options

CLEANING CUDDY CABIN CARPET

hutch1311hutch1311 Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
I keep a bathroom rug on the floor of my Captiva 232 cuddy to keep it clean.  Over the weekend I kept my cooler in the floor of the cuddy underneath the V berth filler cushion.  Somehow the plug on the cooler got pulled out and leaked water all over the rug.  I pulled the cooler out and threw down some towels to soak up the water.  Then I pulled the rug out to reveal that the black carpet had bleed onto my tan cuddy carpet.  I have tried regular resolve carpet clean and water with no luck! Any idea's?  It looks like crap and I would love to get the carpet clean again somehow.

-Thanks 

Comments

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Try Resolve worked great on my boat....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    jnjmacaulayjnjmacaulay Member Posts: 3
    Not sure if it is recommended, but I used my pressure washer and a shop vac.  I was very careful to have someone sucking up the water as I power washed my cuddy carpet.  It worked, I had a pink stain...it is gone. 
  • Options
    bat32bat32 Member Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    Mine is stained from a leaky head. I'm thinking of putting teak down in that small floor area of the cuddy.

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Well, I've always used SpotShot with good luck.  I've also done the pressure washer thing on my cockpit carpet.  So, as mentioned if you are careful that could work.  Please let us know what works.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express