Options

246 rear tie down cleat

franchrmfranchrm Member Posts: 37 ✭✭

I have a loose rear tie down cleat.....how can I access to tighten?  Do I need to climb through the engine compartment?

Comments

• Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    YEP the bolts are on the inside

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    It seems close to impossible to reach. Hardly any room to get in engine compartment and gain access to tighten. I assume the cleats are installed before the motor. Has anyone else had this issue? Franchrm
  • Options
    brianluckbrianluck Member Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    Do you have any small children you can stuff in their with a wrench? Seems to me they should have a plate with threads to spread out the load and make it easier to tighten
    1994 300fv "General Madness"
  • Options
    bat32bat32 Member Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    Just posted this on another thread.  CAn you get to it trough the hole if you take the storage bucket out of the port side walkthrough? 

• Options
    Thanks- I thought about that but can't see how the storage liner comes out. Any idea?
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Cram a digital camera in there and take a few pics or video to help with perspective and to see what you're up against. Maybe even get a wired webcam hooked to your laptop/tablet and your wrist to guide your hand like a 3rd eye...sort of a drone wrist cam perspective.....or it might help get the neighbor kid out who gets stuck in there.

I repainted my otherwise unreachable oil pan last week using a digital camera wedged under the engine to check my work so it can be done. Have fun and good luck. Hope you don't sacrifice as many wrenches to the unreachable bilge void as I have. ;)  Mike
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    bat32bat32 Member Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    Mine was just held in with like 4 - 6 screws. The on I'm referring to is the one in the walkway not in the storage compartment under the walkway. Just so I'm sure we are talking about the same liner.

• Options
    Ahh--I did not think of that one.  I will check it out next time I'm at the boat.