Depth finder issue + dash removal 2008 captiva 226

kavy8kavy8 Member Posts: 1
Hi there, sort of a few issues in one here. 
Backstory: the depth finder on my 226 captiva has been displaying a constant depth the last few years, and always beeping on every start up. Always just pressed the button to get it to be quiet. Just today I managed to push it right through the plastic dash and it is now inside the dash panel. 

1. I just did some reading and sounds like it may be a transducer issue. Where would this be located on the hull so I can clean it and maybe solve the problem?

2. How hard is it to remove the dash in order to unplug the depth finder and pull it out? (Rocker switches, other gauges, the 12V plug, and the ignition will likely need to be removed, and while I’m just sitting on the boat and haven’t looked into it, that doesn’t not look like I will have an easy time dealing with them)

3. I really don’t want to replace the whole dash panel for just one spot that it broke. Any recommendations for how to repair the tiny little lip of plastic that previously held that gauge in place? 

Comments

• dsatkinsdsatkins Member Posts: 1
    Kavy8.  Great question.  I have a tach/trim/and speedo not working.  I just want to get under it to see what could be wrong.  I found little screws at the bottom of the carbon fiber piece (2006 Rinker Captiva), but it seems awfully hard to pull out the top.  My thought process is that it is body clips in there.  But I don't want to break the whole peice finding out.