How to use manual pump-out toilet

JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
I have the Dometic 964 MSD in my 276 Captiva Cuddy with the pump-out option. I've followed the directions in the manual and put in a bottle of water and I must be doing something wrong. Does someone have a step-by-step to make sure it works right? I cat see how it would pass solid waste according to how I think its supposed to work.....

2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3

Comments

• JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Noone?
  • pepmysterpepmyster Member Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, how about going on to the dometic web site to find the manual?

All I've wanted was to just have fun.

I have the manual but the instructions are very basic and really geared towards manually emptying the built-in holding tank.

What I dont really understand is why there are two lines going/coming to the toilet. Obviously one is the outlet, but is the other connected to a water supply or seacock somewhere? I just cant imagine it being able to pass something "solid" without some sort of decent vacuum applied, which I havent figured out how to do.....
  • Strother85Strother85 Member Posts: 38 ✭✭

Just came across this thread.  Did you ever figure out a method to pump out without taking it to a marina and paying $20+?  One hose should be a pump out hose and the other a vent I believe.

We really didnt use it all last year, and I discovered that the large cap that seals the waste tank was NOT installed from the factory so make sure you check that.

We've only used it for #1 this year so far, but I'll have to get it pumped soon. I dont see any way to get it empty without using the designed pumpout fitting other than taking the whole thing out and emtying it in a toilet.

• Strother85Strother85 Member Posts: 38 ✭✭

Im thinking of using a multi use pump (the type that is "in-line" with male hose threads on input and output sides).  I am thinking that if I feed the hose on the input pump side through the pump out fitting and all the way down into the tank it might work.  I was going to try and rig up a macerator pump with correct fitting to make a tight seal on the actual discharge fitting but I cannot seem to find it short of buying a $500 portable pump out kit. Sure the hose will be nasty but I planned to pour bleach/water in the bottom of the tank, suck out, repeat a couple times.  

My question to find out is will a garden hose pass through the fitting and all the way down into the holding tank.  Will one of these pumps actually pump it out that way without a vacuum seal at the fitting.