Options

World Record - Longest Boat Parade

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
Thought you guys may like this. This weekend saw the Lake Murray (South Carolina) set the Guinness  Record (3X over) for the world's longest boat parade. 30,753 boaters, 3,417 boats, 16 miles long 4-10 boats wide. You may be able to find it on you tube. There has been a lot of deletion of the posted videos as the parade was reportedly organized to show support for the President, Donald Trump and apparently that doesn't sit well with some people. Anyway quite a sight if you can find it! Cheers! MT

Comments

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Says it may have broken a record but not official. The commentary sounds oddly familiar to Trump's commentary on rally attendance. Anyway not a political statement just an observation in reading the article. I'm sure this thread will get locked at some point 😆

That's a lot of boats though!!!

https://www.wltx.com/article/news/local/donald-trump-boat-parade-south-carolina/101-a85ee9fe-1b5b-4ede-8df9-0b297036e0f4
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    I have never seen a Biden flag on a boat in California. I saw a "Resist" flag surrounded by dozens of Trump flags and Gadsden flags. BTW strictly speaking a flag on a boat is called a "jack."
    Andy
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,548 mod
    On July 3, I led the world's smallest boat parade:  our club's annual Parade of Lights.  Twelve boats covered with lights, for a nice 45-minute slow cruise after dark, all chatting on Channel 68 like a bunch of little kids.  

Zero flags.  Club events are 100% apolitical.  
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    That's the bestest parade ever.  Those are great people...really great people.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont want to get banned so I guess I can't say what I feel.. aside from it being a huge waste of time  :D
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    skennelly said:
    I mean it's a smart time to have a freakin boat parade right?
    This is as of today. America great again yet??

Post edited by J3ff on
  • Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    skennelly said:
    imitation... spot on- love it! - at least i understood your intent, @skennelly

it was a cool thing to do... i don't know why folks can't leave it at that.  it was in the wide open with no doubt small crews and distance between vessels.  

but riot's are apparently safe.  

freak show...

even if a person was gullible enough to buy into the obviously party line- it really doesn't have a place here- a boat parade of that number and enthusiasm kinda does in a forum of boating enthusiasts...  

for the love of all that's holy leave politics and manufactured fear elsewhere than here? pretty please?  a matter of fact, how about we make a game of it and share it with no one but the vote machine in november? 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    It's misguided, that's why. Not sure where this whole protests didn't spread it is coming from, must be those russian bots, nobody I know thinks that protests did not spread it. It's all viewed the same, BIG GROUPS OF ANY KIND DURING A PANDEMIC = BAD.  Just look at the chart above. Italy isn't even on it anymore! 
  • Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, will you please not make this thread and community a place to expound your moral platitudes and opinion? 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Sorry 212, if it was an American flag parade it'd be slightly different but still not acceptable during a pandemic where our individual states are worse off than multiple counties around the world. The spirit behind this parade is something that cannot be dismissed as regular boating and something "we" as a country are proud of. You can be, the majority is not. The major problem is that we have these groups of people ignoring the fact that we are supposed to be isolating. I've got 5 weeks off here and cannot do ANYTHING with them because countries have banned us from traveling to them. My own home state will not allow me in without 2 weeks of sitting in a room. Friends have said "sorry can't come on our boat since you're from FL now" can't visit mom or dad because the travel home might have me pick up a bug that could kill them. Can't have Rinkervours for gosh sakes! 

This is not something to celebrate or be proud of, we are at the WORST we've ever been. Can't stand by and watch people talk about "wow what a big boat parade" when it flies in the face of what we should be doing (Isolate) and what other countries have successfully done to get through this time, instead of pulling together these people are endangering us all and earning us 3rd wold country status.

TL:DR cooped up here, can't go on vacation, economy is going to get even worse, because people want to have a "worlds largest boat parade" (and are doing other large events like that) and that sucks and makes me angry to see so many people ignoring what Drs and science is saying. 
    Post edited by J3ff on
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    I'm going to just close this topic because it really isn't going in any direction that is appropriate.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

This discussion has been closed.