Options

Wiring diagram for Rinker 340

dpradadprada Member Posts: 5
I'm looking to make some changes/additions to the house / starting battery charging system for my 2000 Rinker 340..   I'm looking to add a 200 W solar panel (s) to trickle charge the house batteries in particular..  I'm not clear how the existing system is wired through the battery selector switch, the generator and the isolator..   I have two existing group 31 house batteries and I'm looking to add a third with the solar panel ..  so far I've hooked up the third group 31 batteries to the solar panel (completely separate from the rest of the existing system) and through an inverter I'm powering the aft refrigerator.. this has significantly extended the time I can last (without starting the engines or generator) on a long weekend...  However, I know that this is not a very energy efficient way to connect to the refrigerator, and I would like to study the schematic to figure out the best way to add the solar panel directly into the 12V DC system (with appropriate protection from the existing alternator, generator and ac battery charging systems)..    Bottom line is the wiring diagram provided with the 2000 Rinker 340 is very generic and really doesn't show how these systems are connected..   Is there a better (more specific) 340 wiring diagram out there?  the one I have is not very useful..    Thanks

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    Welcome to the forum!  Here's a 342 schematic to get you started.  The 342 is basically the same boat except for fiberglass changes.  Hopefully we'll hear from somebody who installed panels.

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything I've found shows hooking the solar controller directly to the battery bank  :|

2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    dpradadprada Member Posts: 5
    Thank you LaRea and YYZRC for the wiring diagram and comments..  really helpful..  To do a thorough job of the assessment, I'm wondering if anyone has the wiring diagram specifically for the Battery switch for the starting circuits for the Engines and Generator...  I have always thought that the Battery switch is primarily for connecting the two engines to either battery one, battery two or both in parallel for starting purposes ..   I'm considering trickle charging one of the two starting batteries with one of the solar panels..  looks like I could do it by connecting to the output side of one of the isolator leads,  but I am still curious on the battery switch schematic...  I've never tried to look behind the battery switch to try to trace the circuits..  thanks in advance..