Options

Withdrawal

brianluckbrianluck Member Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
Haven't used the boat since 4th of July. Life's been getting In the way. Withdrawal symptoms are setting in!
1994 300fv "General Madness"

Comments

• Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Withdrawl indeed. I pulled our boat out on June 2nd and it hasn't seen the water since.....but it's my typical off-season while the infernal tropical sun peaks in the broiling season down here anyway. The heat index is typically 90* at dawn and rises to brutal+ with a heavy side of breath taking humidity. I was also having hyper electrical torrential monsoon rains every day for the last month which just took a 3 day break on monday. Wettest season we've seen in 8yrs.

Might get out on Friday just to run the boat on something more than a hose adapter but that A/C better be working to get through that 11-4 broiler or I'll be packing my shorts with ice. With the water temp at 85* there's no relief in going swimming, even sleeping overnight w/o an a/c in late July is left to a hardier young buck than I am now.

Hope your boat gets back out soon. Enjoy those cool nights. My season officially re-starts in Oct, in 9wks.....sigh. Floater180 has a point about pics. It's those northern RBOC pics that help us get through our off-season. Post 'em up.
    Mike
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    get you a tiny one and play in the bathtub with it... that should take the edge off of it...

a three hour tour.. a three hour tour...

:-)

• Options
    Boomer, that's' hilarious and pretty close to our recent weather. frikken relentless

Drew,
    I can't stop thinking about Maryann and Ginger....and a Tiki Hut on a better day ;) hmmm... man I gotta get back on that boat and hope for one of those storms .

2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Boomer that was the first opening the next opening song had all the cast in it.....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Ray, I'll always think of you as Thurston Howell III after your old avatar on RBO. B-)

• Options
    bat32bat32 Member Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    I'm starting to think something is against us this season. It went from 100 degrees to this weekend being a high of 70. Then I just double checked the marine forecast and there is a small craft advisory all the way through Sunday night. End of July and too cold to swim and waves to high to cruise. UGH!!!!

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Mike to funny... I loved that avatar. Bat you must be from Boston. Same here....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    frodo13056frodo13056 Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    Bat - Chicago area is looking at the coldest July weekend in 30 years......gotta be that annoying "global warming" again.......
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    66 here in Saugatuck. Had a nice ride here yesterday in 3-5's. maybe it's September. lol

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    brianluckbrianluck Member Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    Guess ill be staring at pictures till I can get back out
    1994 300fv "General Madness"
  • Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

3 weeks before the Salt Shaker gets floated again.  I want to put some hours on those new power plants.

Tony

Salt Shaker 342