Options

I think the old man would be proud.

69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 949 ✭✭✭
Okay, so not a Rinker, But.....

My dad was an avid outdoorsman and he loved to hunt and fish. Growing up, he worked in the oil field and when I was young, it was hard times, and he worked all the time for not much money. Around 1994-1995, he finally scratched and saved and bought his dream boat, a 1990 Champion. Even though I was 16, we still spent many years fishing and skiing in this boat as a family. My kids even started off fishing and skiing in it. All he wanted to do was retire and go fishing, but cancer took that away from him 4 years ago, before he got to retire. 

My son is crazy about fishing. It’s all he wants to do, so my mom gave us the Champion. My dad was always real good at keeping up mechanical maintenece, but not so goo about cosmetics. I’d say there’s a good chance the boat has never even been wiped down, much less waxed, and it was stored outdoors the first 10 years of its life.  He was never afraid to take it into the timber and say “I bought the boat to fish, and I’m not afraid to take it where the fish are.” Nevertheless, it’s scratched. We’ve been using the boat for a little over a year, and now that I’m not working, I decided it’s time to start the clean up/restoration. 

I just started today and just got the outside of it done. 

Before 

I started with Marine 31 compound 

I really prefer to use 3M Finesse It II here, but I didn’t have any, so I used Meguiars  #2 polish and then I topped it with Collenite 885 paste wax. 

Comments