Options

How big can my Chartplotter be??

Glenn893Glenn893 Member Posts: 3

I have an 06' 342 Cruiser and I have been offered a great deal on a Raymarine C140W chart plotter (outside dim is 16.5" wide); I don't want to pass it up.  The problem is the area to the left of the wheel at the helm will not accommodate it inset...  As I won't be at the boat for a couple of weeks to measure exactly what I do have for room, I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same "decision" problem in the past and if so, how did you handle it?  Any suggestions??

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the old C70 Raymarine set up and it just fit in that area.  Anything bigger will need to either be mounted, although not sure where I could put it, or do some custom work on the dash.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Thanks...  I like "neat and tidy" so I don't see me customizing it.  What would the bracket look like I wonder?  The last thing I want is this monster thing eating up the helm area and worse, having everyone using it as a handle while going up/down to or from the bow.  The design appears to fit the Pathfinders perfectly I notice but no one really sells the "square" units anymore - it's all "widescreen" these days.  I'll have to try a mock up of something to see how ridiculous this would look before I bite at the offer I guess.  Tks again!
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lay it out on paper so you know the exact 'flat' area you have to work with.  I was looking at all the new stuff, no way it would fit on my dash without some huge bracket and turning into an expensive handle or blocking my view.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Great idea! I will give that a shot and see what I come up with… To this end, I will also post the exact dims once I know what they are.