Options

212 Captiva 2005 Instrument Panel Access

rlawrencerlawrence Member Posts: 8
edited July 2020 in Electrical Discussions
I never had a boat until now that has the panel completely enclosed on bottom; how do I access to change out a gauge?  Can someone lead me to a post or drawings or instructions somewhere?  I cannot find anywhere online.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You access by removing the panels themselves.  From top.  Kind of a PITA you'd think, but actually easier than working from below.  
  • Options
    I took out screws and it won't come out, as all the wires are tight on it.  Have to be able to remove wires from gauges before removing from top it appears.  so.... the reason for the question.  if it's supposed to come out on top, then.... there must be something hanging onto wiring I guess?  Hate to yank on it....
  • Options
    Good ideas; thanks.
  • Options
    So I got it off finally it was just stuck. Got out the wire from my cinder it's getting messed up by the shifter! Anybody ever run into that? Must be kinking it somewhere.

But I also pulled the lousy pull connections off of my voltmeter and have no idea where they go now. I've searched for pin connections but can't find any. Anybody got help with that one?