Options

2002 34V won't get up on plane???

mcoxmcox Member Posts: 5
It has twin 350 Mercs with double Bravo propellers ...engines run fine without load up to 5000 RPM and run fine at low speed with load, but won't wind up past 3000 RPM so can't get up on plane.. Bilge is empty.. Trim tabs are set correctly, propellers are not fouled or bent....    Cannot figure it out???? - See more at: http://rinkerboats.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1156/can-t-get-my-2002-34v-up-on-plane#sthash.GDhwFcSI.dpuf

Comments

• Options
    Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    @mcox ... here are some ideas from Randy Rinker: 

First make sure the boat does not have excessive growth on the hull bottom. Need to make sure the drives are 2.20 ratio and the props are 24 pitch. Also I have attached the info for the trim pin location. The trim pin need to be positioned forward as it shows for the Bravo 2 drive and not the standard position as show for the Bravo 3 drive. This lets the drive trim in more to help planning and does not affect the handling of the boat. If the boat is loaded heavy you could also drop to a 22 pitch prop set.
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    I have a 2002 342FV and had the same problem a few years ago. I had a total bottom paint failure. Growth and barnicles all over the bottom. Hauled boat cleaned and painted and boat ran great. Check the bottom and you may find you have the same problem... Good luck and keep us posted...
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com