Options

Fire Extinguisher Ball

WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
Interesting product. A warning though, it is disappointing that one of my favourite T.V. shows has grown into a bit if an infomercial. I only post this because I'm impressed there may be an on board fire suppression option for about $100 USD and apparently goid for five years.
https://youtu.be/DeHjE57uZEE

Anybody seen or using these?
"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
Post edited by Willhound on

Comments

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    @Willhound wrong link........
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Thanks @raybo3
    Sorry, it had an ad preview so when I copied the link it lead to the ad site. Should go right to the proper video now.
  • Options
    andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    I just ordered mine, $95 from Amazon, arrives Monday. I like the idea it would activate in the engine compartment whether I was on the boat or not. Not a lot of money for the potential benefit. Search under "Blue Mini ELIDE FIRE Extinguishing Ball." Only 1 left, LOL
    Andy

• Options
    Thanks for finding this Willhound. I'm thinking I should have a pair of these... :D
    Andy
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Willhound

1) are you the new marketing manager for PBTV?
    2) the first video you posted was hilarious 
    3) I want so many of these to play with!!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    I kinda wasn't going to post it because of the commercial aspect but it looks so neat!
    Reminds me of years ago my Grandmother had some kind of canister hanging over her wood cookstove that was supposed to be activated by flame. Who knows what kind of horrendous chemical was in that thing!
  • Options
    Pat310Pat310 Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    I think I would mount one on each side on my boat between the engines and the fuel tanks. Here is the link to buy direct from manufacturer:
    https://elidefireus.com/shop/
    Says 50 in stock
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Interesting product.  I'd love to see some independent comparison testing against conventional halon systems for the engine room.  

One disadvantage is that it does not have an automatic blower shutoff, which is an essential feature of most systems.  
  • Options
    Apparently they make quite a loud report when going off, perhaps alerting people nearby there is a problem.
    Andy