Options

TV mounts

rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
My last tv in our 270 I did not secure in the cabinet and it fell and I had to replace it. I got a really nice DVD AC/DC combo off amazon for 140 bucks, 22". Problem is, does not fit in the cabinet any longer. I have never used any type of wall mounted tv set up so really closed as to what to get. We usually watch the tv sitting up on the helm( I have a long antenna cable ) and then put back in the cabinet to watch the news and such in the morning. I want a mount that I can rotate it and see sitting topside but be able to swivel it back down to view from the berth...is that possible?

Comments

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    In both my boats with tvs the p.o. has had one of those in home tv swivel wall mounts.  

I can bring out tv to watch then push it back out of the way. 

The 235 is low on space. This is mounted to the white wall not the v berth shelf
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine is mounted on a swing out mount like that. Can be watched from the v-berth or swiveled around the corner and you can see it from the aft. Can even watch from the deck but have to duck my head down to see below the lip of the cabin door. About $20 on Amazon. I'll see if I can find a pic or will take one at the boat today. My 2000 FV270 doesn't have the cabinet that I think you have Ras, it's just mounted on the v-berth side of the wall of the head.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    @Willhound your 270 is 20 years old?  

How does it look so clean?  Ive only seen the pics but she still looks less than 5 years old.
  • Options
    Thanks @PickleRick we try. Yep, a 55th Anniversary edition. From what we know we are the third owners. The broker told us (not that I believed everything he said) that the first kept her on a lift in a boat house, the second on a lift but uncovered and then us, uncovered and in the water 6 months of the year. Hull is unpainted and I plan on trying to keep it that way as long as I can. The first two owners having lifts helped. And I'm a freak about scrubbing the hull, getting in the water when I can, weekly vacuum, annual steam clean of the carpets and upholstery. If we're out for a 6 hour day it would be rare that I don't spend at least an hour with a cloth or a brush in my hand. The canvas is starting to fade a bit and some zipper issues. Would like to change it out but don't have 5 G's to throw at it right now.

@rasbury the Admiral has to work until about 1 but then heading to the boat, will get some pics of the TV mount for you.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Next time youre in the south wanna come detail my boat?  😄  your methods sound ocd but obviously very effecitve.  

Do you treat your canvas and wax your zippers?
  • Options
    Treat the canvas in spring and do the eisenglass a couple times a year. Keep meaning to pick up some zipper wax but keep forgetting. Since you reminded me I might bring some silicone spray today. Have done it before and worked ok. Just follow along with a rag to keep it off the plastics.
  • Options
    I use the same wax on boat zippers i use on my hockey stick tape.

About a 20 yr old decorative 1lbs chunk of candle that melted into a blob in one of my patrents utility buildings.

Stays in the hockey bag until i find a zipper that isnt smooth.

• Options
    Thanks @Willhound, look forward to seeing!
  • Options
    Here you go. Not great pics. It was so hot the one taken from up in deck is even hazy. That would be the first one. Last one is from v-berth

• Options
    @PickleRick here's one with my trusty brush. We anchored at a beach for four hours today. 2 of them I was in the water with my brush at the hull. Hard to get under the swim platform though. With the chop it kept coming down anď hitting me in the head and driving me under water. I wanted the Admiral to take a pic of me in the water brushing the hull but she insists no one needs to see me online in a bathing suit....😆

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Dang- looks like you have a dock for a platform...how long is that thing? Thanks for the pics..not sure what I want to do...if I don't use the cabinet, I have a new cabinet to use..so when you ran the screws in, did you get new towel holders in the head?
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need to see more details on the umbrella setup!
  • Options
    The screws go into the locker on one side with nuts and fender washers. Lag screws on the other side into the 3/4 inch plywood forming the wall.
    @J3ff the patio umbrella just sits in a table/BBQ mount on the swim platform that i added. The platform adds almost 4 feet. Best thing I ever did. Luckily my Marin a goes by model length not LOA. I'm about 33 feet overall but pay for 27.
  • Options
    @J3ff here is a better pic of the platform and umbrella. When the umbrella isn't jammed in there either my BBQ or a table goes on there.

• Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    Will looking at your setup I should have mounted my grill more forward where you have yours  I have mine same side but more aft great for cooking but not when people are using the ladder at the same time 
  • Options
    @GMSLITHO the main reason it's there is because that was the old location before the new platform. So it's mostly screwed down to the old platform underneath. And about a tube of 5200.