Options

270 Aft Bed - anyone find a good one yet?

J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone find a good bed for the rear space on a 270 yet? I thought I had one, 150 bucks off amazon, but realized yesterday that mold was growing from the INSIDE out on it. The carpet was fine, nothing going on... but the bed was trashed and nasty. Amazon gave a refund without even asking for a picture... amazing.. but now I need a bed again.. wondering if it was just a fluke as there are a small percentage of people who complain about the same thing in the reviews, or if a marine bed needs to have something else to it. 

Comments

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got a 6 inch thick firm memory mattress for my boat.  Full sized mattress.

Need to keep some damp rid in her when closed up to keep the mold out.  Welcome to the south where its always humid.  I can fill a small tub with water in a month even under cover.
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    can't imagine why mold would start growing on the INSIDE of it though. It was never used and if the carpet was wet I'd think it would have started there... 
  • Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    we went with lucid brand 4" gel memory foam topper on top of original rinker aft foam = we love it = it did make getting in and out of aft a bit higher
    i tuck n roll
    very happy
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J3ff said:
    can't imagine why mold would start growing on the INSIDE of it though. It was never used and if the carpet was wet I'd think it would have started there... 
    The carpet  probably has much less a ability absorb humidity than the mattress.

I keep fitted water proof covers on all my boat cushions then for decorative fitted sheets over that.

Too much moisture and wet butts on the boat.

I buy the colors the admiral likes then go to town fitting them with elastic core and a sewing machine.

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you leave the mattress out, you don't have company :)
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Memory foam will work well. If not one, than two.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"