Options

Loss of power over time

ruggeroleruggerole Member Posts: 161 ✭✭
Loss of power over time.
2001 232CC with 5.7 EFI with Bravo3 26 pitch. Last year I was able to get 50 mph and 4800 RPM. This year 43 MPH and 4300 RPM. Changed rotor, cap, wires, plugs, fuel filter and water separator. What should I look at next?

Comments

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any damage to props or growth on hull? 
  • Options
    ruggeroleruggerole Member Posts: 161 ✭✭
    No damage to props, no growth. No bottom paint. Trailer the boat and the hull is in great shape.
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Possibly dirty injectors if everything else checks out good.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Compression check on all cylinders????????
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raybo3 said:
    Compression check on all cylinders????????
    check for air obstruction- swap or clean your air filters.  
    check the belts and what they operate- they may be stealing power if a bearing is tight or a accessory is not turning freely (parasitic loss at the crank which drives that belt)... it doesn't take much to sap power when the sap is on the crank (you can dang near stop an idling engine with your hand by slowing the crank, but i wouldn't recommend trying it lol)... 
    check fuel pressure- your pump may be starting to get tired.. 
    check slop in your throttle cable- you may simply not be reaching WOT the engine is capable of.. 
    check the trim limit.. you should be able to trim up until it starts to porpoise (bow goes up and down) and pull back just a touch to stop that bounce--- i.e. proper trim.
    and if all that checks out? go with @raybo3 's check next... 

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you service the engine to fix the low power issue?   If it didn't start til after check firing order and plugs/wires for spark/gap