Browns Inlet

212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
was the perfect place to beach up... crystal clear water and crisp current... bow inches from beach line and stern in 10' of water... 14 miles from my launch which allowed a nice run down the ICW... 

It was only recently opened back up to recreational boaters... it won't be by tomorrow.. 

The clown in this link is wrong on SO many levels ot isn't hardly believeable... but this happened... i heard the detonation from my back yard, and had just passed the marina returning from that inlet not 2 hours earlier... where we didn't play with bombs... 

https://www.carolinacoastonline.com/carolina_coast_online/news/article_a00952e2-cfa6-11ea-8edd-af66b9681081.html

Comments

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So clown-boy finds a piece of ordnance.  Instead of carefully backing up, leaving and calling the Coast Guard, he ... picks it up?  And puts it in his boat?  And takes it to the marina?  Brilliant.  
  • PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭✭
    People in the Carolinas are a little special.  
  • YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish there were pics.
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • 212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the boat was registered in ohio... tourists... who come here and do stupid stuff. 

people around here are freedom loving patriots who often remain here after working on one of the regional Marine Corps bases and then those who are presently stationed here... 6 out of 10 work for the DoD either directly or in support... the other 4 cater to tourists.  

so yeah... WE are a 'little' special.  
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised he did not take it home and put on his fire place mantle. 
    Boat Name : 

• PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    the boat was registered in ohio... tourists... who come here and do stupid stuff. 

people around here are freedom loving patriots who often remain here after working on one of the regional Marine. Corps bases and then those who are presently stationed here... 6 out of 10 work for the DoD either directly or in support... the other 4 cater to tourists.  

so yeah... WE are a 'little' special.  
    Don't get too bent out of shape Im also from the Carolinas.  Born and raised here. While my dads family didn't come here until @ww1 my moms family tree is placed in the foothills of NC going back well before the civil war.  

My sister and her husband moved to Jacksonville because her husband is a tattoo artist.  The base there provides a much steadier income than what he got here.  The dod pays their mortgage!

Ive had family stationed all over the Carolinas going back to the 70s.  I have an  uncle who used to bring the best Jamaican lambs wool Greenville had ever seen back in the 70s according to my mom. He was stationed on one of the NC Army bases on the coast.