Options

Any negative effects on half exhaust bellow vs full?

PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
Im doing my bellows and gimball on the bravo 2 soon. The PO had no idea when they were done last.

With my 220 hp diesel freeing up any midrange to top end up is good.

Any negative effects to running a half exhaust bellow? Should free up some back pressure.

Comments

• Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They call them "tubes" when they dont connect to the outdrive and just slip into them when the foot is all the way down... nope, there is no disadvantage.  But there is no real advantage, either... some studies have shown the prop actually creates low pressure right behind the hub which assists pulling pulses through to the same affect not having it connected does. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    If i order through sei I can get a kit with both.  Ill look into it.  Thanks for the help.  

I'm cruising around 20 to 22 mph which is good but i want to increase cruise to about 25.  

I may need to strip the bottom paint then wet sand/polish the gelcoat under the paint if shes had little to no blistering
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you confirm the waste gate operations?
  • Options
    Yes and no.  I did verify my diapham was not leaking.  I only have the actuator side barb so i couldn't put a gauge on each side of the diaphram to verify she is moving freely.  I almost need to remove the turbo to remove the wastegate to verify the actuator rod is moving.

I did install a boost gauge but it was not reading, i have another being shipped that will arrive in a day or two.  

If I'm making 25 lbs of boost at w.o.t. I'll know im good.
  • Options
    Also, with engine off, push throttle to wide open. Make sure the fuel pump linkage does the same
  • Options
    I did verify my linkages are maxing out. 
  • Options
    I did verify my linkages are maxing out. 
    Great. My two were only maxing at 70%. Short cables from factory. Unreal
  • Options
    They were afraid those powerful yanmar motors were going to damage the drives!  That was a factory nerf.
  • Options
    Yes but after they were changed I went from 28 to 34 mph 
  • Options
    Oh I'm sure it made it feel like you had another gear.  Sadly many manufactures in the auto/truck industry also nerfed their diesels to keep transmissions from grenading. How long did it take dodge to find a good tranny to match the 6bt?  

Im not sure that's what your case was or if it was an install issue.  
  • Options
    It was an install issue from day one. 
  • Options
    I hope warranty covered that and didn't cause too much downtime.  Id much prefer a yanmar to my current motor but she runs well despite being a little anemic.  No smoke, no leaks.  Starts easily and I've only burnt a 1/4 tank of fuel in 2 weekends of boating.
  • Options
    No warranty. The mechanic found it after he took a test drive after I had the boat shipped to Florida. My luck it was a Yanmar dealer and the owner/mechanic used to work at the Yanmar factory. He knew his stuff. 
  • Options
    Probably worth every penny to get it right