Options

Raymarine GPS - no fix

Hi, have a problem with my Raymarine C70, specifically no gps fix.  Has anyone got a Raystar 130? Got any suggestions why it would just stop working? Do you need to replace a battery? 

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance you have another antenna to try?
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    MissLee2005MissLee2005 Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
    aero3113 said:
    Any chance you have another antenna to try?
    No I don’t have a spare.

have googled and other models seem to have a batter but this one doesn’t.  

Was working fine until yesterday. 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Try removing the connector on both ends then reinstall. Maybe a corroded pin that needs to be reset.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes there is a battery in that RS130. Open it up, it’s the battery that is the size of a quarter, that battery lasts 10 or so years and then no fix 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Yes there is a battery in that RS130. Open it up, it’s the battery that is the size of a quarter, that battery lasts 10 or so years and then no fix 
    Hi just so I’m clear, are you saying after 10 years or so once the battery goes you can’t replace it? 
  • Options
    Oh no, saying that after 10 or so years you need to replace it. Should just pop in and out. 

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aero3113 said:
    Try removing the connector on both ends then reinstall. Maybe a corroded pin that needs to be reset.

This isn't an android or a sophisticated airplane lol!!😂😂

When in doubt, turn off, disconnect, reconnect and turn back on.

@aero3113 stated that airplanes need this reboot from time to time, i have not flown since.  True story.  

• Options
    And my comment is 100% true!
     My 650 flew this morning for the first time in 6 months. We ran the aircraft twice last week. The first run we had no ignition on the RH engine and throttle lever 1 and 2 failed with no inputs. Shut down and tried again, all good. Second time we ran there was no power to the pilots audio control panel, reset the breaker, all good. Left this morning with no issues. I really hate flying on aircraft I haven’t worked on. Whenever we fly commercial my wife asks me tons of questions about the plane and I’m thinking of possible issues!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Found the pics from when I had no fix on my C70. Here is where the battery goes, it’s a standard CR2032 that all hardware stores carry. Replace battery and your fix is back for another decade or more:

• Options
    Found the pics from when I had no fix on my C70. Here is where the battery goes, it’s a standard CR2032 that all hardware stores carry. Replace battery and your fix is back for another decade or more:

Perfect, thanks!!!...although mine doesn’t look like that. It has the square piece but not the battery. Is yours the same model Raystar 130 E32153?
  • Options
    Can’t help there, I sold the boat last fall...

• Options
    Can’t help there, I sold the boat last fall...
    No worries, thanks for sending the photo through though....I was expecting to see the same when I opened it up. 

I know that the
    Raystar120 - has a soldered battery
    Raystar125 - has a peaceable battery
    but the Raystar130....no idea!
  • Options
    Sorry about that. When I was going through this I was told that mine was a 130 and the 130 had the battery. Perhaps that was bad info though. Have you tried Raymarine? They no longer support the blog style site that you see when you google Raymarine issues. Just this summer they launched a new website. I have sent in questions about their Axiom system in my new boat and they have been very  helpful with fast responses. You can upload and send the pics through it. Here is their new platform:
    https://raymarine.custhelp.com/app/home

• Options
    Sorry about that. When I was going through this I was told that mine was a 130 and the 130 had the battery. Perhaps that was bad info though. Have you tried Raymarine? They no longer support the blog style site that you see when you google Raymarine issues. Just this summer they launched a new website. I have sent in questions about their Axiom system in my new boat and they have been very  helpful with fast responses. You can upload and send the pics through it. Here is their new platform:
    https://raymarine.custhelp.com/app/home

Not a problem I was the fix was as simple as a new battery....chances are it doesn’t need an external battery and relies of main power which means either no power or it’s dead!

Thanks for the link I’ll take a look. 

If money was falling of a tree I’d upgrade the lot, but that’s out of the question new kit is ridiculously expensive!  If I can’t fix I’m toying with ipad technology and a holder ! 

Thanks for the chat though👍