Options

Windshield wiper arm (not just the blade)

MiamiAGMiamiAG Member Posts: 210 ✭✭
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can purchase a windshield wiper arm (not just the blade) for my 2013 290ec?

Appreciate it.

Art
2013 290 ec - Volvo Penta D4/DP

Answers

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think these are the same as an automotive wiper arm just get one that is the same length or close. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know people make fun of the wipers on the boat and how they don’t work but I use mine a lot and they seem to work great. I do use rain x also so that might help.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Also if you get the automotive style you can use any automotive blade and not just limited to that "RV" style blade. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    yppirsryppirsr Member Posts: 4
    How do you get the wiper arm off of a 2008 350?   
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove the hex head set screw and pull straight up. Mine is seized on.  
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    MiamiAGMiamiAG Member Posts: 210 ✭✭
    Yes, I had to remove the hex screw and hammer it straight up. Turns out I didn't need to remove the arm, I just needed to get the correct wiper blade with the piece that slides into the arm correctly.
    2013 290 ec - Volvo Penta D4/DP
  • Options
    andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    I just removed my entire wiper arm (useful as...well you know what on a bull.) Before removing the tiny hex headless "grub screw" I soaked the splines liberally with WD-40 and waited a couple of hours. The screw came out fine and after a few wiggles with channel locks and off it came.
    Andy
  • Options
    cme4braincme4brain Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    Aqua_Aura said:
    Also if you get the automotive style you can use any automotive blade and not just limited to that "RV" style blade. 

Yes, but will that work?  Rinker used the marine/RV wiper arms/blades for a reason, likely with the wild variable curves that a boat windshield makes as opposed to a relatively flat automobile winshield.
  • Options
    I don't see why they wouldn't work but I could be wrong. The RV style blade is garbage in my opinion. I don't ever use it because it doesn't lay correctly on the windshield. Plus if you use an automotive style arm you can get all sorts of blade styles that are better than that cheap RV blade. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988