Options

Online store

KYSEANKYSEAN Member Posts: 121 ✭✭
It seems a lot of Rinker owners would benefit from an online store to be able to order parts for their boats. Lots of people don't live very close to a dealer. Is there any thought of ever doing that or would that hurt the dealers already selling parts?
2012 Rinker BR216 5.0

Comments

• Options
    scotty3scotty3 Member Posts: 4
    I agree, nearest Rinker dealer to me is 67 miles away and I live in the Tidewater area of Virginia (water everywhere).
  • Options
    trich11trich11 Member Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    Nearly all off the parts Rinker uses are OEM parts from other manufacturers. Most all boat manufacturers do the same. With that said, there are many online sources for these parts which helps keep the prices down (a little bit).
  • Options
    Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    Excellent points here, guys. I wouldn't expect a Rinker e-store any time soon, but you never know. As @trich11 points out... most common parts are available aftermarket through the OEMs.
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    A lot of people do not like aftermarket parts and would rather OEM's. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    True... what I'm saying is that most OEM parts are available directly from those manufacturers. 
  • Options
    Brent34Brent34 Member Posts: 3

I agree also guys an omline shop would be great Im in New Zealand so how hard is it for me to get parts [-O<   My Captiva 232 would be so much happier knowing she can be well looked after with parts.

Brent