Options

Helped a scary docking today.

skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
Today I helped a dock neighbor...strong wind was blowing.  He was all over the place and panicking.  The absolute worst part was his maybe 10 year old daughter on the bow holding a dock line.  Everytime he hit the throttle in panic I cringed and hoped she wouldn't fall off.

They docked safely and had a few dings from slamming into the dock pier....but for the love of God keep people off of the bow while docking.. especially if you are inexperienced.
2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3

Comments

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    edited August 2020
    Keep them off the bow and swim platform. People are supposed to be "in" the boat. Safety first!
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    We had a few exciting dockings today too. We were out with my mothers dock neighbors. They had a 34' Flybridge and a 20' deckboat. We went out on the flybridge and his one engine died coming in so had to dock with one engine. Went pretty smooth.Then we went out on his deckboat and when he came in to dock I grabbed the rear dockline and he was grabbing the mid cleat line. The boat was pulling the line out of my hand. I realized that with the amount of force it was pulling on me I knew it was still in gear. I jumped up and grabbed the throttle and pulled it back to neutral. By then he was right there and hit reverse real quick. We were about 1' from hitting the swim platform of his flybridge.