Shower drain issues in 2007 350 EC

Any ideas how in the heck to remove the drain screen in the shower stall in the head compartment.  Waters draining very slow all of a sudden and I can't figure out how to get the drain out to snake or something. 

Comments

• craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Check your sump box and that the float switch is working. I have a removable screen in my sump box as well which can get gunned up and restrict flow/draining.
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Also try running some white vinegar down the drain. This helps with soap build up and cleans the shower sump....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • bjpesolabjpesola Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    You guys both mention the sump box.  What and where is it?  I thought the shower/sink drains were direct to the lake?  Rookie here...
  • RocketmanRocketman Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    On my rinker 330 it's by the bottom step with a small square in the teak floor.
  • TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

If the 2007 350 is the same as my 2006 342 in this regard, you will find the sump box on the port side under the mid berth mattress on that side of the boat.  If you remove all the mattress pads, you should fine several interesting hatches that lead you to the forward bilge sump pump, the AC inlet valve and hopefully the shower sump..

You will recognize it.  It is a covered white box.  When you remove the cover you will see the float activated pump and the little storage compartment that fills with the first incoming water.  Your shower uses a sump because the shower floor is below the outside water level.

Tony

Salt Shaker 342

• craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

IF its similar to the 360 my sump is at the bottom of the stairs.  There is a large storage hatch in the floor which has the AC thru hull and strainer in it.  In the rear of the hatch pretty much mounted flush to the underside of the cabin floor is the white sump box.  Its a pain in the butt to access because you have to drop the box off its brackets to do any service on it. 

I have a slow draining shower and i think its actually the waste pipe that is somewhat clogged.  The pump works fine its just the sump isn't filling up fast.  If you can rule out the pump that woudl be a good thing.  Good luck.

• proffsionlproffsionl Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    On our '06 350, it's under the aft cabin couch on the port side.  Just lift the cushion and you should see it under there.  I have had to clean mine, as well.  Just make sure you get a good seal on the box when you put the cover back on or it won't drain properly.

Kevin
    Changes in Latitudes
    Austin, Texas
  • rmrstlmormrstlmo Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭

Had to replace mine on my 2000 340 FV.  This is the one I bought.  Looked very similiar to the one I took out.  It was located under the mid berth.

http://www.amazon.com/attwood-4143-4-Attwood-Shower-Sump/dp/B001O0DECQ/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375397455&sr=8-1&keywords=attwood+shower+sump

Ray

2006 390

Previous 2000 340