Options

Just incase you missed it in the facebook group...

J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
Will just drop this here with a WTF and let you all discuss it...

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,548 mod
    Um, let's see.  Two more inches before they submerge that thru-hull on the starboard side.  Nine people plus a random outboard.  Is that a portable genny on the swim platform?  Luckily, the captain's not drinking too.  Oh, wait.
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Looks like a genny but wait - it appears to be fueled from the black pipe headed into the engine room....
    Post edited by Ian on

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Guessing that's a 250?  Not the boat ... I mean the guy who has to stand on the swim platform because there's no room inside the boat.  
  • Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    y'all buy ron hill 4x props... this guy adds an outboard.... but then again i wouldn't be surprised if he removed the engine and adapted it into a nursery.. 
  • Options
    rinker270nbrinker270nb Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    Who swam out to the water to take the picture?  There's probably a 10th person.
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s nice that they got some youngsters out on the water. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    I want to see it under way with that payload.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    Wow!!! I'm surprised they made it as far as they did.  That line into engine room would really be the final straw to make sure I stayed far away.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Do you think the kids are relegated to the bow for the duration of the journey to balance the load? Maybe the v berth is also full of kids?
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their gray matter must not have been activated at birth.
  • Options
    andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    Maximum weight carrying capacity of this boat is 1400lbs. Overloaded much? You can't fix...well you know what.
    Andy
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭
    Bonus points for the extra fuel stapped to the bow rail.

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    For reference, I fully loaded my 250 before bottom painting, with four people and gear, to see where the water level should be. The top of the paint in the photo is about an inch above the waterline and the entire stripe is above water.
    Andy

• Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    I’ll be raising mine next time I paint to avoid the annual stain clean with acid rub process.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys think 1400 lbs displaced ALL that water?? By my calculation, each 6" of displacement (boat lowered into water due to weight) requires about 2000 to 3000 lbs of weight. That swim deck is almost completely submerged ... way more than 6" ... something else is going on there ... unless each passenger weighs like 400 lbs, lol.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That model year had the underslung platform that practically touched the water anyway. With that 9.9 hanging on the very back, fat dude and generator on the platform and the two heifer's sitting in the back seat I'm not surprised the edge of the platform is in the water.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Willhound said:
    That model year had the underslung platform that practically touched the water anyway. With that 9.9 hanging on the very back, fat dude and generator on the platform and the two heifer's sitting in the back seat I'm not surprised the edge of the platform is in the water.
    Not according to @andyd. He's saying he still sees an inch of bottom paint. That means you have 8 to 10" before you submerge the back end of the swim platform.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    I say this photo is a FAKE.  A good one, cleverly done, but fake.  

Look at the water surface around the boat.  It's completely undisturbed.  A 250 with nine people aboard would be rocking all over the place.  There's absolutely no way it could remain motionless for long enough that the water could lay down like that. 

Fake.  The artist is reading this thread and laughing.  
  • Options
    Is anyone selling a hardtop for a 310 or know where I can get one?!