350 MAG crazy high fuel consumption.

69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 949 ✭✭✭
I’m in the water right now. The boat seems to be running fine, with no issues. How can this be possible?

Comments

• IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    @Spyderweb had the same issue, the VVM app was updated last week that provides different units for different parameters. Maybe it’s clocking liters instead, try toggling the units settings (even though it shows GPH now)

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• 212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 357 4v can make a 28 mile run and use 11.5 gallons on average.... but my boat is a LOT lighter than yours!!! That isn't bad economy for you.. my v6 4.3 sucked down almost 40 gallons for the same run... poorly tuned/timed and struggling its guts out.... its what prompted me to repower... even tuned perfectly it sucked down almost 25.... more than twice the 357...... all about load. 
  • davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭✭
    My 350 mpi's run at under 20 gph when at WOT.  Looking at your numbers I'm not feeling so bad anymore
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • 69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 949 ✭✭✭
    icoultha said:
    @Spyderweb had the same issue, the VVM app was updated last week that provides different units for different parameters. Maybe it’s clocking liters instead, try toggling the units settings (even though it shows GPH now)

That must be it. We did a solid 5 hours of dragging the tube, ski, and wakeboard and it’s not burning that much gas. I don’t think it would even run if it were trying to burn that much gas. 
  • 69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 949 ✭✭✭
    My 357 4v can make a 28 mile run and use 11.5 gallons on average.... but my boat is a LOT lighter than yours!!! That isn't bad economy for you.. my v6 4.3 sucked down almost 40 gallons for the same run... poorly tuned/timed and struggling its guts out.... its what prompted me to repower... even tuned perfectly it sucked down almost 25.... more than twice the 357...... all about load. 
    54 GPH wouldn’t be bad? Lol. It normally burns less than 10 GPH. 
  • 212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh crap!!! I swear I saw a decimal in a different place the first time I looked!!! 
  • SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 879 ✭✭✭
    @69fastback yes we have the same issue.  Popped up on me Saturday, even though it was fine the day before.  I too was real concerned as it said I was burning 100 gph.  When we arrived at the bay we were going to, I checked how much fuel I had used since dock (using gallons left on VVM) and it was dead on for the distance I had travelled.  I tried toggling units of measurement but no luck.  Next time up will probably try a "factory reset" unless I hear of another solution.
  • IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    You can send feedback via the app and report an issue.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/