Options

True funny/weird story's that actually happened off topic discussion.

randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'll go first, can be about boating or life as we live it. I'll have some boating one's later. 

A friend came across some plastic barrels, 50/55 gallon type. When I was in my early 30's. very agile, at the time. He gave me one, I tossed it in the back of my pickup and brought it home. The wife say's what are you going to do with that? there are so many use's for a clean plastic barrel I explained. It sat around the yard for a month or so. And she implied, get rid of it. To prove the usefulness of the barrel. I told her I was going to teach our two boys how to walk on a barrel. They were about 9 and 12 at the time.
As a demonstration, I showed the boy's how is done, was walking on the barrel somewhat successfully, in the grass but having difficultly because of the lumps and uneven ground, so I moved the barrel to the asphalt driveway. Now boys' watch this, You will be able to do this also. as you already have in your mine. I flew off the barrel backwards, landing on my elbows, wife watching out the window. Broke both of them at the same time. Ouch, 6 to 8 weeks to heal up, nothing doctors can do about broken elbows. Had to sleep in a recliner, Have you ever tried to wipe? with two broken elbows.
Boat Name : 

Comments

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My grandfather was up in a tree  limbing it up.   He then decided to take his chainsaw to the limb below him.  This happened to be the limb he was standing on.  We thought this only happened in cartoons.