Options

New Rinker owner

Dutch320Dutch320 Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
Just wanted to say thanks, I’ve been lurking around for awhile trying to absorb the wealth of knowledge on this forum. New owner of a 2007 320. Bought it as a kinda project boat, It was neglected by previous owner, but with everyone’s willingness to share knowledge and past experiences you’ve made my almost overwhelming quest, or bad decision as my admiral gently refers to it, possible. 

Comments

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We all love to see everyone's projects as I'm sure you've noticed. Where the pictures and what are you working on?
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Wish I would have taken more before pictures, but the boat was in pretty bad shape. From a extremely mildewed deck and badly oxidized hull to very rough cockpit and cabin  Upholstery. My last boat was a bit of a project too, so I kinda knew what I was getting into but this boat was also 10 feet longer lol. Everything is pretty much back to the way it should be, after an unknown amount of hours of work, would have been many more hours without this forum. The boat came from Essex Maryland area, almost scared to know if Dream Inn has any knowledge of its past life 
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Looks good! We have all seen what those dark hull sides are not supposed to look like 😟. Yours definitely look shiny. 

The wife and I are just now getting back to our boat after 3 months, basically missed summer we were out of town. Now I can get to my projects, lots of small stuff. I do want to get rid of the carpet and do the floor like yours in the cabin. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Great job. It is sad that someone would allow a boat to get that way. Good to see a new owner give it the respect deserved.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Thanks for your comments, I’ve never understood why someone would let a boat get that bad. On the other hand it made driving the price down pretty easy. 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    Boat looks good @Dutch320 .  I love it when someone gets a boat back in shape.  What was the name of the ole girl before you bought?

Welcome to the forum!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    The old name was Lady Pat, was kept at West Shore marina 
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the club of misery :)
  • Options
    Thanks, had a few issues along the way but so far everything is coming together. As of now all I have that needs attention is a leaking valve cover gasket and whatever pops up next, which I’m sure will be coming soon lol. 
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now you can boast to the wife see honey.........................
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    I’ve already been outmaneuvered on that, the story being told is “We” knew it was a good investment and “We” reconditioned everything lol. Never even saw it coming. 
  • Options
    rkinrossrkinross Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Welcome to the forum.  That is a great looking cruiser.  Hope you have lots of fun on it.