Options

340 FV Galley Fridge Removal

rmrstlmormrstlmo Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
My galley fridge quit working.  There aren't any exposed screws in the trim to remove it.  Does anyone know how this can be removed?  Thanks!

Ray

2006 390

Previous 2000 340

Comments

• Options
    Just bumping this up to the top in hopes some fresh eyes might see it and have an idea.

Ray

2006 390

Previous 2000 340

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    On most fridges, that frame around the outside is a metal flange that is screwed to the cabinet.  Yours doesn't seem to have any fasteners at all.  What's that little metal piece below the frame in the second photo?

Have you tried just pulling out on the top of the fridge to see if it moves?  Maybe it's only secured at the bottom.  
  • Options
    Pat310Pat310 Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭
    Any draws or cabinets to either side of the fridge that you remove out easier to get a peek at the sides? Looks like a cushion above it. Did you look under it to see if there is an opening to access the top of it?
  • Options
    The fridge is located under the v-birth.  There is a small drawer on the starboard side.  I removed it easily to take a peak inside and sure enough there are couple of bolts.  That is a far as I got.  The strange thing is after sitting for a few days the Admiral turned the fridge on and it worked!  I'm posting some pics in case someone in the future has these questions.  Thanks everyone!

Ray

2006 390

Previous 2000 340