Options

2021 Boat Inventories - What Inventories?

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
Not shocking but it did get my attention. I got a video today from the dealer I bought my Yamaha SX195 from. This is a "family" dealership with at least five waterfront marinas - so a looot of purchasing power. They sell a number of well known boat brands from small family bowridrers to ocean going yachts. At the moment they have almost no inventory - we've all heard this right. If I paraphrase correctly the first run of 2021 boats is gone. They do not think they will have enough product to even make going to the huge Toronto Boat Show worth their while and are only offering new boat order opportunities to current customers and not taking orders from "new" customers. They think they can offer some boat show "type" of discounts or options but are not 100% sure yet. They do believe that anyone who does not place a deposit now may not receive a boat until this time next year unless there are a lot of production changes. This dealer is usually a straight shooter not given to exaggeration or gimmicky sales hypes. As has been said too bad Rinker had not been able to hold-on for a while longer!

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    edited August 2020
    MT I hear what you're saying, but in the past decade, who keeps dealer inventory for cruisers?  

I tried to buy a new Rinker in 2013.  Really tried.  All I wanted was to SEE a 350.  Dealership inventory?  Heck no.  If I could have just seen one in person, I'd have signed a check.  Rinker said "book a flight to the factory."  The closest I came was that a friend of a forum member took me for a courtesy ride in his 2012.  

By coincidence, it was on the dock where @Dream_Inn lives, although I wouldn't meet him until years later.  Same dock where I took delivery of my new 342 in 2003.  Then a pre-owned 370 down the dock stole my heart, and the rest is history.   
    Post edited by LaRea on
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Polaris made a huge mistake by stopping production of Rinker. If they were still making boats, that factory would be running at full capacity. It's a sellers market right now with new and used boats.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if no one is making new boats..then yes, they'll have a hard time selling them!