Options

Who bought the remaining Rinker Parts Inventory f

Had a Rinker Dealer in Colorado tell me the remaining Rinker Parts Inventory was sold 2 weeks ago.  He thought GreatLakesSkipper did, but I am not receiving any intel from them that they did.  Anyone know what company may have bought out that inventory.  
I'm looking for the 2 black acrylic plastic vent covers for a Rinker Captiva 296.  The newer ones were a matte finish vs. the old ones were glossy.  I don't care what the finish - I just need 2 replacements as both mine are cracked.  

Thanks to anyone that can advise.  Polaris is not a friend anymore :-(  

Comments

• Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was GreatLakesSkipper...they sell many parts for Rinker.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
    If they did buy it - and depending on the size of the inventory, it could take weeks to months before it all gets photographed and cataloged then shows up for sale on the GLS site. You may just want to call GLS and see if it's true - and if they might have what you're looking for.
  • Options
    DanWDanW Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
    I don’t remember where I saw it, but I read somewhere that Great Lakes Skipper bought the Rinker parts inventory, as you guys have said. I agree with Tony. This was very recent so it would probably take a while to get the inventory online. 
    2002 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee
    1998 Regal 2100 LSR
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw a picture somewhere that they have all of the hard tops that were produced for Rinker. Seeing that Polaris still has to honor all of the warranty work, I am surprised that they sold everything so fast. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well they sold the company at the first sign of economic hardship so at this point nothing is surprising with this deal 🤨
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like GLS is beginning to post Rinker stock. Just noticed they have a bunch of radar arches and hard tops available. Don't remember seeing them last time I looked.

Wish I had an extra $10K + shipping laying around to convert to a hard top.  :#
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you could get SEI to make you one for half that. They should be able to sell direct now that Rinker is dead. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    I would love a hardtop and the proper canvas for it as well!!!
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aqua_Aura said:
    I would love a hardtop and the proper canvas for it as well!!!
    Same here, I would have to budget for marina storage also if I did. Would miss having the boat at the house during the off season.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ......geez - you guys are going to get Ray going again, then I'll chip-in and catch $hit.....could you puuuuleze just buy those friggin' tops without discussing them and then post pictures????? I'm trying to stay outa trouble on this forum so Ray doesn't have to kick my a$$ off it!!!!!  😁
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I figured we were gonna end up on that old subject eventually😂. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    yeah.....we just can't get past it! Truthfully I can see how some like canvas. I have been on a friend's 342 with the arch/canvas option and it did have an open feel but I love the hard tops as to me the hard tops still felt open and R&Ring the canvas and "glass" was a breeze not to mention all the $hit like satellite dishes, radar domes, FLIR and T.V.s you can install on and under it.
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    My 342 had a canvas bimini and a cockpit cover.  Every summer weekend for ten years, I had to unsnap the cockpit cover, roll it up and stow it, then unroll it and put it back up on Sunday.  The cockpit cover wasn't water-tight, so I also had to stow the carpets in the cabin to keep them from getting soaked with rain.  In retrospect, it was a real PITA, but I didn't know any better.  

Now that I have a hardtop, that's all history.  I leave the side curtains up all year, and the cockpit NEVER gets wet.  No need to stow the carpets.  Takes me a few seconds to unzip some windows for ventilation.  And did I mention how the hardtop blocks heat so much better than canvas?
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Michael T said:
    ......geez - you guys are going to get Ray going again, then I'll chip-in and catch $hit.....could you puuuuleze just buy those friggin' tops without discussing them and then post pictures????? I'm trying to stay outa trouble on this forum so Ray doesn't have to kick my a$$ off it!!!!!  😁
    MT you have an opinion on hardtops and I have mine. That's all it is. I would never "kick your a$$ off" the forum.......lol I do value your knowledge and opinions you bring to the table. Just for the record I never said said there wasn't a need for a hardtop what I said is that its a matter of personal preference like everything else. So please don't walk around in  fear of getting kicked of the forum unless you really pi$$ me off.... Bahahahahaha
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭
    @raybo3 we can get that to happen if we just have one forum focused on 4 blade props and hard tops and how wonderfull they both are. That would likely cause a small anuerism for @MichaelT.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    ......@davidbrooks and the Admiral would ask how would you know????
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Hmmm, if I banned Raybo before he banned me, then he couldn't get back on to ban me?😁 ....just sayin....(just kidding too, cause I'd miss the raybo/handy bickering!)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    @Dream_Inn who said anything about banning you? lol Now I may just have to ban you before you log on again....... Bahahahaha BTW Handy is on thin ice and may be banned before the end of the week, after all he doesn't even have a boat........lol Just kidding could never ban him.............
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    .....you guys are killing me. Most informative and most fun forum anywhere!