Options

Toilet won’t flush, fill, or drain

Toilet won’t flush fill or drain. The breaker is on. This happened after a child spent a little time in the bathroom. What could have happened that both the flush and fill pump are not working?

thanks,
Dan
2002 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee
1998 Regal 2100 LSR

Comments

• Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    Assuming electric pump version, “flush” and drain are the same and done by the pump at the bottom of the head; fill is usually by a separate pump, on my 310 behind the cabinet of the vanity. The fact both don’t work suggest perhaps another poppable breaker somewhere - maybe in the battery switch box? I have a number of them under the helm too, not sure though if there is one for the head pumps.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    DanWDanW Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
    Yes, it’s the electric head. Flush and fill are separate pumps so it’s weird they both quit working. I was out on the hook. Haven’t found any breaker yet but will look in the engine room tomorrow. I suppose the breaker On the panel could have gone bad, but that seems unlikely. I’ll keep hunting. Thanks. 
    1998 Regal 2100 LSR
  • Options
    When I first got ours I couldn’t understand why the rocker pressed one way to fill, the other to flush worked but the big red push button only flushed (or filled, can’t recall) when it was supposed to do both. Took out cupboard and found a wire that runs the non-operative function had slipped off big red. Compressed the terminal and checked others and all good again; maybe a ground common to both has done the same as the kid pressed buttons or after the prior working use.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    does your head hava gfci outlet ?
    could they dropped a toy or ....
    time to get the hands stinky
  • Options
    Runs off 12vdc so no GFI cause and even if clogged you’d here something pumping or trying to - until parts break off.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    DanWDanW Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
    So, I couldn’t chase it down yesterday because I was anchored out with guests. But today took apart the cabinet under the sink in the head. Ground wire came loose. Doesn’t look like it was crimped very well from the factory. I guess it took 18 years to work itself loose. Glad it was an easy fix though. Thanks everyone for your help!

Dan
    1998 Regal 2100 LSR
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good easy fix. I had the same issue with my CO monitor, it was dead and the crimp connector had let the wire fall out. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    one heII of a poop if you have to hold on to a ground wire. Lol
    Post edited by raybo3 on
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct