Options

Nice day for a parade....

J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2020 in General Boating Discussions

Comments

• Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    We had a Trump parade on our river today. Water was choppy to begin with then with all the boats there were a few bigger waves. My mother and step-father have a pontoon with the bigger toons and they got swamped 3 times and turned and went back to the dock. She said they had about 4" of water on the floor at one point. It was kind of a disappointment though. Our marina is the last one on our river before getting to the Ohio river so we hung out at our slip until everyone got by then we jumped in the back. Maybe 75 boats or so. When we hit the Ohio a handful of boats went right towards WV and the rest went left towards Pittsburgh. We started out going right because somebody was calling on the radio saying to head to a certain landmark then turn and go back towards Pittsburgh. Only about 5 of us followed that so we turned and went back where all the others were and they were gone. We anchored at a popular anchor spot but there were only ablut 15 boats there so maybe 50 boats were gone. Would have been nice to keep everyone together for a lap. There was a bunch of people standing on the bridge beside our marina. Coast Guard led the way and heard on the radio there were Biden signs hanging off the bridge. Water was choppy and we were bouncing around but coming back it had smoothed out but a 37' Regal came by going up river and left a nasty wake. I was on plane and dropped it down just before we hit it. Probably a 3 or 4' er. I'll put some pics up shortly

EDIT: Here are a few pics

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    We had another Trump boat parade on the lake today.  We had 15 to 20 mph winds with cooler weather (80s) moving in. Nothing like what you guys are describing but still a less than optimal day on the water.    

I can't believe the weather some of these people deal with just to do the parades.  We get it, you're pro Trump...but your boat is sinking bro!     I don't do the parades but the people in talk to seem to enjoy them.