Options

FV310 Anchor

SeaHareSeaHare Member Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
Lost my anchor this weekend. Hit the down button to drop it and the clevis pin came out...PLOOCH!!  23ft of water.

Gonna order a new Delta Plow anchor. What size anchor is it?  22lb?
01 FV 310, 5.7s carbed, B3s

Comments

• Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    If you know the location why not ask around if anybody is a diver. We have one on our dock and he recovered my $200 sunglasses and charged me $50. Found another dockmate's engagement ring. She was really happy about that one. Could be cheaper than a new pair of sunglasses -- or a new anchor.
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have to buy a new one maybe upgrade to the mantis anchor I think it is. It's like the plow anchor but has a ring across the top to help keep it straight or something. I've only heard about them I do not have one, there is some post on here about it if you search. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same issue with my stern anchor.  Really **** me off.  I switched to a "quick link" instead of the shackle.

2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m going to safety wire mine so it can’t back out. I just have to remember to do it now!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    Yes, it's probably a 22# anchor. 

For $7, get some stainless steel seizing wire and wire that clevis pin.  When I replaced my anchor rode this weekend, my pin was ready to fall out.  Imagine the fun if your anchor decided to let go at 30 mph.  
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Call the local fire Department. They usually do yhe search and rescue when finding someomr who's gone under.  If a neighbor diver can't be found their new guys need experience and diving hours.   Cost is usually pretty cheap.  I messaged a local guy on Craigslist selling dive gear and he referred me to them
  • Options
    SeaHareSeaHare Member Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    TonyG13 said:
    If you know the location why not ask around if anybody is a diver. We have one on our dock and he recovered my $200 sunglasses and charged me $50. Found another dockmate's engagement ring. She was really happy about that one. Could be cheaper than a new pair of sunglasses -- or a new anchor.
    A diver quoted me $150 just to get wet + $50/hr + Air ..... PFFFT!
    01 FV 310, 5.7s carbed, B3s
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you get to keep anything else he finds down there?! Geez. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Magnet fishing ...
  • Options
    SeaHare said:
    A diver quoted me $150 just to get wet + $50/hr + Air ..... PFFFT!
    Around here, for $200 a diver will get wet AND scrub my hull.