Options

Just sold my 270;

GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
Two of my sons moved to Colorado and the marina I’m in is putting in new docks and no electric on them so I’m looking for something a little smaller 

Comments

• Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Good that you are planning to stay with boating. It's good for the soul.
  • Options
    Thanks Brian 
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now is a good time, if your making a change. Sold fast? good price?
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Third person to look bought it 2003 270 with a trailer 27,000
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the sale. We've been batting around the idea also. Lot's of things going on, the wife and daughter are starting to lose interest, we don't like some of the changes at the marina and with my wife now out of a job for over the past year it's an expense we can handle, but not a "necessary". The 10 G's a year I spend on boating could go towards retirement which isn't far away. Debating whether to list it this fall, but there's only about 4 weeks left before they start pulling boats for the year. Or wait until next year and see how it goes. My only concern there is that we could be looking at a flooded market when all the "new" boaters that jumped in this year realize it's not for them, or as the financial reality of what's going on in the world hits. If we do sell however there'll still be something on a trailer in the yard, maybe a Captiva or Festiva cuddy model.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    I would put it up on the market now and see what happens if you are serious about selling it. Agree with you about next year being flooded with sellers possibly. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. That does make sense. Having a tough time deciding. I do love it and the emotional side of me screams keep it. The practical side of me keeps whispering in my ear that it doesn't make any sense. But not many obsessions do.....
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Killed me to sell it but Im looking at another rinker a 20 foot 
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Willhound. If you were on the RV trip with us now you would be getting an RV  Just sayin
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    @Willhound Get yourself a 20footer you can keep in the driveway and take to the ramp to play around in. Sell the 270 at max value this year and pick up a 21/23ft in the buyers market next season. My annual cost not including fuel is about $1000 per year when all systems are behaving themselves. Quite affordable actually.