Options

Rinker 270 FV Toilet waste pipe change and access

HI Folks,
My Toilet waste has suddenly blocked and I cant clear it (even metal drain rods wont move the blockage. Looking at whats come out, the pipe is think with scale..dont think its ever been touched in 15 years.,..and doesnt smell that good either)
Im trying to work out if there is any access to the pipe from the Mid Cabin (footwell of cabin under helm) or if its just a case of pulling the pipe through in one run (hopefully no bends) from the engine room (after attaching a hose to the old pipe to help me feed it back in once cleared).

Anyone know of easy access or is this hard toute the only one?

Comments

• Options
    Pat310Pat310 Member Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    Wouldn’t think there would be hard bends but I’ve read they can be zip tied to things like wiring and or cables where you cant get to. Good luck. Let us know how it goes
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, in my 310 there were zip ties that I was lucky to be able to get to all to snip and then pull through a new pipe with a joiner.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    richtaylor1971richtaylor1971 Member Posts: 10
    Thank you all for your advice. I used my endoscopic camera to have a peek into the void (Im sure access could be obtained rfom mid berth but at expense of destroying the ninyl. Didnt see any cable ties, (Phew) just pipes and wires..

I taped a hosepipe in one end and pulled the waste through the hull to the engine compartment . Luckily only thing holding it in was foam filler on the openning to the engine bay. Some nasty stuff came out but a quick bag on the end and seal helped minimise the 'crud'.
    Pulled who lot through until hosepipe showed, Used the hosepipe to pull and guide new waste through . All in all took about 30 minutes.