Options

Opinion on Pull Out Date?

WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
This is our 4th season in our Marina (and with the boat). The first two were with previous owners and the usual routine was to start launching boats the last week of April so that everyone was good to go the first week of May, and then start pulling last week of October, first week of November, based on an in-slip season of May 1 to Oct 31.
The last two years the new owner started out ok in the spring, starting to launch 3d week of April. But end of year was set that all boats had to be out of water before Nov. 1, citing insurance reasons. Wasn't a big deal since the weather last fall was poor and deer hunting season was around the corner.
Just received an e-mail asking me to let them know what winterizing services I wanted and to pick a date. But the last available date shown is Oct. 15th...which means the boat will need to be out of water before then, likely in about 3 weeks. Way to early, in my opinion, particularly since the fall forecast is favourable.
Thoughts? How do most other marina's handle this?
"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)

Comments

• Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    I'm kind of in the same situation. While the harbor is staying open until Halloween, my storage yard just sent me a bunch of dates with October 20 being the latest. I picked Oct 18. Would've been nice to have an extra week or so, but October weather is iffy anyway -- and I negotiated a great spot. It's along a wall centered between two support posts so I'm pretty much guaranteed at least four feet of clear space between other boats. Plenty of room for me to work over the winter. Some year's in my old yard I'd have someone else's anchor hanging over my swim platform, or just inches on either side - so no room to work.
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much is a trailer? used?
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    I’m booked for haul out on October 30th. All boats must be out by November 1. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    Harbor got extended to November 15th...I will probably pull out first week in November.  I store on my trailer indoors and my yard doesn't care when I bring it to them.  I will change the engine oil while in the water this year as I'm sure their buildings will be winterized and not have running water.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have to be out by Nov 1 but if you linger a week more they won’t shoot you (at least they didn’t shoot me several years ago for lingering but I kept in touch with them). I am pulling out Oct 19. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod
    well, for Canada Oct 15th probably isn't all that far off.  I usually go until the end of October, but I also just leave mine right on the lift in its slip.  So, I usually start with things like oil change earlier in October.  I'm usually ready to be done with all the winterizing work and relax in November (& yes, I can still enjoy my Big10 football this year!!!).

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express