Options

No power to Blower and Fresh Water pump

curve3104curve3104 Member Posts: 1
Recently, the blower and fresh water pump on my '07 Captiva 246 have stopped working.  They are both in similar areas of the engine compartment.  I haven't done a full trace back from them yet, but wondering if anyone has had a similar problem.  I've looked in the helm and readings from a multimeter indicate the switches are getting power, and the switches illuminate when the nav lights are on.  Any ideas where the fault could be? 

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

did you see if there was power at the blower/pump?  That would be my next check, odd they would both die at the same time.  The switches lighting up have nothing to do with powering the blower/pump though.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,566 mod
    I'd check to see if you are getting power at the units.  Start with the blowers.  You can disconnect them about 1 ft up the wire from the blower and check there.  Whatever you do, don't drive the boat without proper working blowers!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ill 2nd all that and raise them a "welcome to the RBOC!"
    Now get your meter and check for power, then for tripped breakers, then a bad/corroded ground cable/connector. Good luck and let us know what you find. Mike
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl