Options

The Great Loop RV/Rinker style

Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2020 in Non-Boating Related
We left Ft Myers Saturday September 2nd. After 100 miles we had a flat tire on the truck. Changed it and back on the road. Turned out to be a valve stem. Then the sheet hit the fan. I lost 3 more tires due to belt separation and barley made it to Daytona where I got 4 new tires. The tires only had 5300 miles on them. Brand was Nexen. Stay away from these!! They were OEM tires. Made it to Georgia for our first stop then on to Fayetteville NC for our next stop. We made it to Maryland on day 3 for the Grandbabies first birthday. 3 days later on to Pittsburgh and then to Indiana where we met Al and Thaddeus. Al has a great knowledge of Rinkers and boats in general and Thaddeus too! Al gave us a great tour of the lake where they tested all the Rinker boats. We then went by to meet Randy Rinker. Turns out Randy was just a plant worker and that John Rinker was the main man behind the business. We then drove past the old abandoned Rinker plant and on to Dinner with Al. We had a great dinner and a great conversation! I am proud to call Al a friend. Next stop was down to southern Indian to meet up with Randy56. We have been friends for a few years but we never made it up to his place. He gave us a great tour of the area. We went to the Ohio River and saw all the locks and barges. We had a great time and look forward to getting together when they come down to Florida for the Winter. Next stop was Nashville. We stayed right on Lake priest which was close to Nashville. We went to the country music hall of fame first then walked down the honky tonk strip which disappointed us. There were homeless and protesters on every corner with very few police present. Reminded me of when I worked in DC. Our next stop was Macon Georgia for the night. Next was Lake City Florida but we lost another tire which was the original spare. It only had 3000 miles on it so 2 more new tires up front. After manufacture reimbursements I got 6 new tires for the price of 3 so not too bad I guess. Arrived back to Fort Myers Saturday and ready to go back to work with some great memories! Spent $940 on Diesel and 450 on campgrounds  
Post edited by Handymans342 on

Comments