Options

On a captiva 192 under the blower switch there's a small circle switch sticking out?

If I press this in the engine and all power cut on the boat.this recently happened as I had a few problems staring the boat, some thing to do with the cut off at the battery as I replaced the fuse in the holder with a 10amp, but now have this switch under the blower sticking out, and when I pressed it the whole boat cut out, I restarted it by again replacing that fuse ? If any one could advise I'd be really grateful Thanks

Answers

• Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a breaker, and you're shorting somewhere most likely.. most likely, its not a minor wire, but one that carries a good bit of current... Check your grounds on the block carefully, and make sure your hot wire to the starter is not exposed and jumping to a ground somewhere.. and for the love of God, leave the hatch open for a while with a fan running in there pulling air out before you strike the starter.. if its the starter jumping to ground, there are sparks a plenty.. :-)
  • Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard! The breaker should be labeled, as noted you have a short somewhere. Odd that the small 10A breaker cuts everything, that's way small.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI