Options

Fiberglass Patch with Color Match for a 2000 Captiva?

I have a couple places that Id like to fill where my Captiva kissed the dock,  they are really just little gouges,   is there any places online that make the filler with the correct gel coat color mixed in?  Pretty close color match is ok 
The boat is a 2000 Capitva 272 Millenium Edition

Its kind of an off white like the boats below

https://www.thehulltruth.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=83912&stc=1&d=1251229397

https://boats-from-usa.com/rinker/rinker-272-captiva-millennium-limited-edition-177272
I am a new boater with my first boat,  thats why some of my questions seem dumb

Comments

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check this out. Also available from other suppliers. This worked on my 2000 FV270.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    picturethispicturethis Member Posts: 103 ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Willhound said:
    Check this out. Also available from other suppliers. This worked on my 2000 FV270.
    think you forgot the link?    thanks for any help
  • Options
    rkinrossrkinross Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Iboats sells spectrum patch paste for around $40.  It works great for dock rash.  I used it and it is easy to work with.  They have several types of 'white' for Rinkers.  It helps if you know the name of the color that Rinker called it.  Iboats has two for that year Rinkers, sand white and bone.  Here is a link to one I found: https://www.iboats.com/shop/spectrum-color-rinker-2000-2005-sand-white-color-boat-gel-coat-patch-paste-repair-kit.html

When I used it I masked very closely to the scratch during the application process.  This saves work in sanding patch paste from the gel coat that is not damaged.  Just buy really fine sand paper 1000 and 3000 grit to finish the application.  Don't remove the masking tape until the job is finished. 
  • Options
    Sorry, somehow the link didn't paste. @rkinross posted the same link however. Can also be found at other sources. All priced about the same.
  • Options
    picturethispicturethis Member Posts: 103 ✭✭
    Willhound said:
    Sorry, somehow the link didn't paste. @rkinross posted the same link however. Can also be found at other sources. All priced about the same.

rkinross said:
    Iboats sells spectrum patch paste for around $40.  It works great for dock rash.  I used it and it is easy to work with.  They have several types of 'white' for Rinkers.  It helps if you know the name of the color that Rinker called it.  Iboats has two for that year Rinkers, sand white and bone.  Here is a link to one I found: https://www.iboats.com/shop/spectrum-color-rinker-2000-2005-sand-white-color-boat-gel-coat-patch-paste-repair-kit.html

When I used it I masked very closely to the scratch during the application process.  This saves work in sanding patch paste from the gel coat that is not damaged.  Just buy really fine sand paper 1000 and 3000 grit to finish the application.  Don't remove the masking tape until the job is finished. 
    Thanks Guys!!          Is there a color code marking somewhere on the boat?    I think its the bone color but wanna make sure 
  • Options
    Not that I am aware of. In the past you could contact Rinker with your Hull number and they could look it up but now that they are closed that is not possible. Most (maybe not all) of that era were Sand White for the main hull and the light tan/beige colour like on the dash was Bone. If you search a bit there is a Spectrum colour chart to help.