Options

Security & Monitor System

aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
I came across this system, pretty cool. I can get over the cost of it but crazy it has an annual charge.

https://www.brnkl.io/product/brnkl-external-camera/
2008 330EC

Comments

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's spendy and real fancy. WYZE cameras are really cheap if you have wifi available around the boat. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a ring camera set up for security but would be nice to monitor the systems. With the ring camera , I can tell if it’s working off of AC power or it’s internal battery through the app so I can tell if the boat loses AC power. My WiFi router is powered by 12 volts.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, kind of the same. I've got some amazon cameras, 2 on the boat, 1 outside the boat showing the dock immediately around the boat, a visible wireless hotspot (25 a month for unlimited verizon 4g LTE) and a high water alarm.  The cameras will send an urgent notification if it hears glass breaking or an alarm. For motion it just sends a silent notification. Figure that if the high water alarm goes off the cameras will pick it up and send it over. For right now though the added security is nice since the boat is 30 miles away. Can always just check on it to make sure it's 100%
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to know if I lose AC for my bilge heater. I also only live a few miles from the boat so it's not that difficult to check on it and it doesn't usually get that cold here to worry about the bilge freezing since it's in a 50 degree river. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988