Options

Rinker 342 Center of Gravity

mjmorrismjmorris Member Posts: 20
Anyone know where I can find the center of gravity for my 2003 Rinker 342. My boat lift has 14 foot bunks and I’m trying to figure out how much to leave the stern hanging over the end of the bunks?

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bunks just kissed the outdrives
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You would think that it should be the same as a trailer. the end of the board with the end of the boat. I'm not expert, on those, seems like 14 ft is not enough, for a 37 ft boat. Maybe @Dream_Inn can verify. he has one.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭✭
    Mine are the same as handys. They go from the stern forward.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    edited October 2020

The stern is where most of your weight is, with the engines there. You want your lift to go all the way to the stern.  Even fork lifts will lift at the stern and leave the front hanging.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And how about spacing of the bunks? Usually boats with long stingers need the bunks placed under the stingers to help support the boat so the hull doesn't deform/warp over time. Not as critical with a grid style stinger system.   Ive not owned a twin engine boat so im not familiar with how the stingers run in a 342

I'd want my bunks like my trailer, the bunks flush or hanging out past the transom.  

@Handymans342 didnt you keep that boat on a lift, I remember the seller had resusued your pics when selling it.  Got any pics of that lift?

I can get plenty of pics of big cruisers on lifts when I go on vacation again but im not sure he wants to wait til june!
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I kept it on the lift and I can call the dock contractor and find out how long the bunks were 
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭✭
    Here you go. 342 on a lift. This was setup by the installer at the marina. 
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    I think I have every Rinker on a lift in my marina!  But, most look just like the picture above...

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    mjmorrismjmorris Member Posts: 20
    Thanks greatly appreciated that helps a bunch